Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35] >
Staff member Justin has passed away
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:10
Spanish to English
+ ...
Too young Sep 5, 2007

I never had any contact with Justin via Proz.com, but would like to use the site to extend my deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

I also wish his friend Mark a speedy recovery.

Mervyn Henderson

aes (X)
aes (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:40
Korean to English
+ ...
Sad News! Sep 5, 2007

It is very sad that a young life has been plucked so brutally. May his soul rest in peace.

Our sincere condolences from India for his family and friends and the Proz team. God is with them in this difficult hour!

A.E. Saravanan.

Dusica Cook
Dusica Cook
Bosnia and Herzegovina
English to Bosnian
+ ...
Very sad news Sep 5, 2007

I have not had a chance to work with Justin, or even to be in contact with him during my time here... Still, hearing a young life go wasted makes me wonder where do we go and what do we do in our lives... My deepest condolences to Justin's family and friends. The loss will never heal, but I hope you will learn to live with it and I am sure you will always carry him in your hearts.

Yves Ferrer (X)
Yves Ferrer (X)
Local time: 22:10
English to French
+ ...
Don't know Justin, but it is sad all the same! Sep 5, 2007

Dear Henry,

I never had the pleasure of communicating with Justin, but the loss of a young collaborator in such tragic circumstances must be a terrible blow to his family and to his colleagues! My thoughts are with you all in these difficult times.

Yves

Henry D wrote:

Dear ProZians,

We are devastated by the news that our colleague and staff member Justin has died in a car accident. It was last night. He was only 22.

Justin's extraordinary warmth and enthusiasm could be felt by anyone who came into contact with him. He was brilliant, and was always ready to drop everything to help someone out. Those of us who worked with him every day are blessed to have known such a bright and good spirit, and it is painful to think about what his future might have held. He will be sorely missed.

For those of you who did not know him, a "birthday gift" given by another staff member, Romina, to Justin last week will give you a small sense of the way Justin inspired us: http://www.proz.com/Happybirthdayjustin.ppt

We are going to prepare messages of condolence for Justin's family and friends. If you wish to add a message of remembrance or support, you are invited to do so here.

Chiara Righele
Chiara Righele  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
I didn't know him Sep 5, 2007

but in any case the image I get from the many posts here is of a special person.
It is always sad when a young life passes away.

My condolence to the family and to all who loved him, and a prayer for his friend Mark.

Chiara

Renessa Punt
Renessa Punt  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Dutch
+ ...
unknown Sep 5, 2007

Although I didn't know him personally, I would like to pass on my condolences to family and friends, may God be with you all during the difficult hours.

Isabel Hohneck
Isabel Hohneck
Germany
English
+ ...
A very special person Sep 5, 2007

I only had the pleasure of communicating with Justin a few times over the past years, but every single time was a very pleasant experience - which is why I remember Justin! Just as it seems to have been for all those many other ProZians from around the world, who were touched by this special person.

May the hearts of Justin’s family and friends become a little lighter thinking of how he has touched so many others in such a special way - knowing that he will not be forgotten!
... See more
I only had the pleasure of communicating with Justin a few times over the past years, but every single time was a very pleasant experience - which is why I remember Justin! Just as it seems to have been for all those many other ProZians from around the world, who were touched by this special person.

May the hearts of Justin’s family and friends become a little lighter thinking of how he has touched so many others in such a special way - knowing that he will not be forgotten!

My heartfelt condolences to all those who were close to Justin and a prayer for his friend Mark!

Isabel
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Sad news Sep 5, 2007

I have just returned from a short vacation and read the news about Justin's death this morning.

I am deeply saddened by his death at such a young age. Knowing how it feels to lose a loved one, I would like to express my sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

We'll miss him sorely here at Proz.com.

Sonja

Bill Greendyk
Bill Greendyk  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:10
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sincerest condolences.... Sep 5, 2007

These are tragic tidings that are really hard to accept. I, like so many others, had a number of support requests that were so efficiently and quickly handled by Justin, and there was a lovely 'persona' that shone through his messages regarding even the most mundane and routine subjects. He made me laugh more than once with his sense of humor. He was obviously brilliant on the inside and the outside, and he shone (and continues to shine) like a star. My condolences to the family and to the Pr... See more
These are tragic tidings that are really hard to accept. I, like so many others, had a number of support requests that were so efficiently and quickly handled by Justin, and there was a lovely 'persona' that shone through his messages regarding even the most mundane and routine subjects. He made me laugh more than once with his sense of humor. He was obviously brilliant on the inside and the outside, and he shone (and continues to shine) like a star. My condolences to the family and to the Proz.com staff....may you be given strength for the coming days. Our prayers are with you all.

Bill
Collapse

TNTraduction (X)
TNTraduction (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Sincere condolences Sep 5, 2007

My sincerest condolences to Justin's family, his friends and colleagues.

My thoughts are also with Mark, whom I hope will make a speedy recovery.

Sylvie

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
oh that's awful Sep 5, 2007

I am so sorry to hear this news. He came across as intelligent and kindly in my dealings with him, and was so helpful. It's far too soon for him to die.

Joris Bogaert
Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Condolences Sep 5, 2007

Farewell Justin...
My condolences to his family and best hopes for Mark's recovery.

grieg
grieg
English to Slovenian
+ ...
a terrible tragedy Sep 5, 2007

My deepest simpathy to Justin's family and friends. I've never met him and I've never had any contact with him, but we all feel sad and helpless when such a young life comes to its end.

Marjan, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Jessica Klingberg
Jessica Klingberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:10
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Very sorry Sep 5, 2007

I am terribly sorry to hear of these tragic news. He was much too young to die. His family and friends will be in my prayers.

Catherine Shepherd
Catherine Shepherd  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Condolences Sep 5, 2007

My deepest condolences for all Justin's family and friends, may God be with them as they grieve over such a sad loss. I hope Mark recovers soon.

Cat

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Staff member Justin has passed away

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »