Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35] >
Staff member Justin has passed away
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:04
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old Sep 3, 2007

Had a phone call yesterday morning to tell us that a good friend, whom we had seen in apparently good health only a few days previously, had died. We were shocked by this, but he was 80 years old, had had a good life and was able to leave it with dignity. It is so much worse when it happens to someone so young. I only knew Justin through a few replies to service messages, but he was always cheerful and helpful. Deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

Brie Vernier
Brie Vernier  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:04
German to English
How terribly sad. Sep 3, 2007

My deepest sympathy goes out to Justin's family and friends.

Justin, I hope you've gone on to a better place, though you've clearly left a lot of very sad people behind you.

Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
R.I.P. Justin Sep 3, 2007

May God bless your soul, Justin. And Mark, keep strong.

pascie
pascie  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:04
English to French
+ ...
For his family, friends and Proz community Sep 3, 2007

I forgot to mention, I talked to Justin about 2 years ago.
I would like to share this song of hope and peace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brRsRTTp1Pw&mode=related&search=
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe5p1BXNCQM&NR=1
Another tale
... See more
I forgot to mention, I talked to Justin about 2 years ago.
I would like to share this song of hope and peace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brRsRTTp1Pw&mode=related&search=
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe5p1BXNCQM&NR=1
Another talent gone too soon.
Peace,
Pascie

[Edited at 2007-09-03 22:34]
Collapse

Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:04
French to English
+ ...
Justin will not be forgotten Sep 3, 2007

It's nice to see all these kind words about Justin. He truly was a brilliant, genuinely nice guy. His jokes and antics will be sorely missed around the office. Rest in peace, my friend.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Emanuela Galdelli
Emanuela Galdelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
I Am Sure He Is Happy and Serene Now Sep 3, 2007

I think his wondeful joyfulness and smille will make happy angels... I did not know him, but such a young and smiling boy can only be a wonderful person.

Toralf Mjelde
Toralf Mjelde  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:04
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
Rest in peace Sep 3, 2007

My deepest condolences to family, friends and colleagues of Justin. As translators we usually have a way with words, but today it is difficult.

Catherine Bolton
Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Such sad news Sep 3, 2007

My heart goes out to Justin's family and friends. It's just so sad.
Catherine

Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:04
English to German
+ ...
He will be remembered Sep 3, 2007

My son was born on that same day, in the very same year.
I hope that reading these messages of love, Justin’s parents will feel comforted in knowing that they raised a kind and caring person whose cheerful spirit was treasured by so many.
johanna

Alp Berker
Alp Berker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:04
Turkish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
My Condolences Sep 3, 2007

My condolences to Justin's family and the Proz.com staff.

Linda 969
Linda 969
Italian to English
+ ...
Tragic loss Sep 3, 2007

I can only imagine the heartbreak ...
My thoughts and prayers are with Justin's family, friends and loved ones.
Linda

M TRANSLATIO (X)
M TRANSLATIO (X)
Germany
English to German
Keep me/us informed, please! Sep 3, 2007

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends!
I never had contact with Justin and I don´t know his friend Mark.
I am stunned and shocked about what happend. Reading about what happend gave me the creeps. Since I have read about it a few hours ago, I am getting flash backs and shakes all over me. Here I am, thinking and having a few drinks on a man who passed away way too early. As something "similar" has happend to me when I was 22 years old ,I know how it feels. When I was 22
... See more
My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends!
I never had contact with Justin and I don´t know his friend Mark.
I am stunned and shocked about what happend. Reading about what happend gave me the creeps. Since I have read about it a few hours ago, I am getting flash backs and shakes all over me. Here I am, thinking and having a few drinks on a man who passed away way too early. As something "similar" has happend to me when I was 22 years old ,I know how it feels. When I was 22 years old, me and my best friend did get shot. I made it, he didn´t. I really hope Mark will make it and recover very soon!!! Mark will have a hard time after he´s recoverd and he will need help to not go nuts. Even after having a few drinks too much, maybe, I want you to take this serious and tell Mark that there are persons who are willing to help. So, please be so kind to give him my contact data and all my good wishes. He should not hesitate to get in touch with me if he wants to talk.
And this is to Henry and Justin´s family: Like I said before, I never knew Justin. After reading all the posts, I am sure that Justin was a great guy and a person everybody would like to have as a friend. What do you think about a special day. A day to honor and remember Justin? I bet he would have said: "There are more important persons to name a day after." But I think it´s persons like him and all of us who should be honored and remembered. Everybody is special! So, why shouldn´t we remember him in celebrating a day in his memory at proz.com?!?! Think about it. And please keep me/us informed about Mark.

Nur die Besten sterben jung!

Mike
Collapse

Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
Colin Sep 3, 2007

Colin Brady wrote:

It's nice to see all these kind words about Justin. He truly was a brilliant, genuinely nice guy. His jokes and antics will be sorely missed around the office. Rest in peace, my friend.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Dear Colin,

Lamberto and I send you a big big hug.
We are very sad. Can't almost write without weeping.
We will always remember what we lived together with you and Justin.

Inés and Lambert

Serena Hiller
Serena Hiller  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Very sad news! Sep 3, 2007

It has been very sad to read about Justin's tragic accident that has caused such horrible loss now for his family and near and dear ones.

I have just read the powerpoint presentation that was created for him last week just on his 22nd birthday and tried to imagine what a young talent he must have been with much zest for life!

I would like to express my sincere condolences to his family, friends and Proz.com colleagues.

Serena Hiller

[Edited at 2007-
... See more
It has been very sad to read about Justin's tragic accident that has caused such horrible loss now for his family and near and dear ones.

I have just read the powerpoint presentation that was created for him last week just on his 22nd birthday and tried to imagine what a young talent he must have been with much zest for life!

I would like to express my sincere condolences to his family, friends and Proz.com colleagues.

Serena Hiller

[Edited at 2007-09-04 00:12]

[Edited at 2007-09-04 01:58]
Collapse

Trinh Do
Trinh Do  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2007)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Sorry to hear the bad news! Sep 3, 2007

I've never known Justin, as our language pair doesn't match. However, an age of 22 is too young. He has so much to offer, to expect, to reach the prime of his career.

My extended thoughts to his family and close friends.

I hope his spirit as a translator lingers on, and he's enjoying paradise.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Staff member Justin has passed away

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »