Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
Is this for real? No Ips are shown any more but codes?
Thread poster: Katalin Szilárd
Helen Shiner
Helen Shiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:15
German to English
+ ...
Response from Proz staff please Jun 20, 2018

Helen Shiner wrote:

It seems the inclusion of countries alongside these strange codes has ceased. At least, I have no such data in my list of recent visitors. They were pretty sporadic when they did show up.

Would a member of staff please clarify what you are intending here? It is quite useless at present.

I would be grateful if Proz staff could tell us whether the current state of play is the final destination, or whether there are plans to provide city-level data, which would be considerably more useful (and in line with what Google Analytics currently provides).

Daniela Zambrini
Mirko Mainardi
Katalin Szilárd
Nataliia Gorina
Vanda Nissen

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:15
English to Italian
+ ...
Still waiting for reply from Staff (2) Jun 25, 2018

Your reply would be highly appreciated.
Many thanks.
D.

Mirko Mainardi
Ivana UK
Małgorzata Śnigurowicz
Katalin Szilárd
Matthias Brombach
Helen Shiner
Nataliia Gorina

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Highly appreciated Jul 2, 2018

Daniela Zambrini wrote:

Your reply would be highly appreciated.
Many thanks.
D.

Highly appreciated.

Daniela Zambrini
Jean Dimitriadis
Helen Shiner
Iris Schmerda
Katalin Szilárd
Michal Fabian
Katalin Horváth McClure

Helen Shiner
Helen Shiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:15
German to English
+ ...
Please don't ignore Jul 3, 2018

Hi Proz staff

Your input here would, indeed, be greatly appreciated. As you see, this issue is important to quite a number of people.

Please let us know whether you are working on this issue, or do not plan to do anything further.

(Wouldn't it be great if there was a button to request staff's attention built into the forum much like the 'Like' button?)

[Edited at 2018-07-03 17:36 GMT]

P.L.F. Persio
Daniela Zambrini
Colette Magalowski
Nataliia Gorina

Daniela Zambrini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
6000 views of this thread and no answer from Staff Jul 6, 2018

Please, Are there any plans in place to make the visitor tab useful?

If not, could you please address the issue and close the thread as a courtesy to the multiple requests that have been posted here over the weeks?

As the visitor tab is now - showing a simple list of scrambled IDs with approximately 10 to 20% generic country indications the information is not in the slightest way useful.

Furthermore, it seems that someone found my profile using the Proz Fin
... See more
Please, Are there any plans in place to make the visitor tab useful?

If not, could you please address the issue and close the thread as a courtesy to the multiple requests that have been posted here over the weeks?

As the visitor tab is now - showing a simple list of scrambled IDs with approximately 10 to 20% generic country indications the information is not in the slightest way useful.

Furthermore, it seems that someone found my profile using the Proz Find feature using "Ukranian" as a search option. How is that possible, if I do not have such language listed in my working languages?

Daniela
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Małgorzata Śnigurowicz
Katalin Horváth McClure

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
True Jul 6, 2018

Daniela Zambrini wrote:

Furthermore, it seems that someone found my profile using the Proz Find feature using "Ukranian" as a search option. How is that possible, if I do not have such language listed in my working languages?

TBH, I noticed that with the "old" directory as well, and never understood why, but it happened only very rarely, so I never gave it much thought (although it might hint to something wrong with the search algorithm, I guess...).

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
According to the site staff this is a bug Jul 6, 2018

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Daniela Zambrini wrote:

TBH, I noticed that with the "old" directory as well, and never understood why, but it happened only very rarely, so I never gave it much thought (although it might hint to something wrong with the search algorithm, I guess...).

I experienced that also.
I sent a support ticket back in 2017 January because I received such visitors.
This was the answer of the site staff:

'This outsourcer was making several searches during the day and one of them is English to Hungarian and English to Czech. During his searches, the outsourcer visited again your profile found before after making the English to Czech search. Please remember that each user may open several pages at the same time and make several searches at the same time. That is why you see such search results in the visitors section. I see that the new search option which is visible in your Visitors section http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=visitors&eid_s=23021 directs to correct search criteria."

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 23:15
SITE STAFF
There are plans to improve location information in visitor tab Jul 9, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I apologize for the lack of response from site staff on this issue. I have been on holiday and I did not make arrangements for anyone else to follow up on this while I was gone.

I see that a useful location is not shown for a lot of entries in the profile visitor tab. I plan to improve this soon. Thanks for calling attention to the problem.

Best regards,

Jason

Daniela Zambrini
TargamaT team

Daniela Zambrini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
thank you Jason Jul 11, 2018

I see that some further geographical data is now available! Many thanks for this improvement.
Daniela

Katalin Szilárd
Mirko Mainardi

Colette Magalowski
Colette Magalowski
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
Thank you Jul 12, 2018

I also noticed the added geographical data on my visitor's page. That's great!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is this for real? No Ips are shown any more but codes?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »