jokerman
Niemcy
Local time: 10:00
Członek ProZ.com
od 2008

angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
Aug 23, 2006

I have alligned a project consisting of 5 doc.-files. So, I now do have it as a TM (as pjt-file). The clients needs a cleaned TM thought. Could anyone tell me how to convert that into a "cleaned TM"? Thanks!

jokerman
jokerman
Niemcy
Członek ProZ.com
od 2008

angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
have it as .tmw-file now Aug 23, 2006

allright, I have the thing as .tmw-file now. So, could anyone tell me how to "clean up" that tm? thanks.

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czechy
angielski > czeski
+ ...
creating a cleaned TM with Trados 7 Freelance Aug 23, 2006

Open the project in WinAlign and go to File - Export Project. This will create a translation memory in TXT format. You can send this file to your client or import into Workbench.

By the way, "cleaned" usually refers to a file, not TM. You can clean a translated file (into a TM, if you need) but you can only import or export TM.

jokerman
jokerman
Niemcy
Członek ProZ.com
od 2008

angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Thanks Hynek! Aug 23, 2006

thanks a lot Hynek!

Indeed, I was quite irritated by that "cleaned TM" he asked for, and thought there is a possibility to clean up a tm (it then being converted into word, or excel or whatever, showing just the translation units in both languages - I remember seeing something similar in Wordfast, so I thought that's what he might have ment). I've done it as suggested, and have sent the txt-file to the client. Thanks for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

creating a cleaned TM with Trados 7 Freelance

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »