Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 12:51
English to Italian
+ ...
May 18, 2005

Hi,

I received 2 bank transfers from a very slow paying client of mine and I realized I had to pay 18 euros per transfer because the client put my OLD bank data in the transfer order they sent their bank.

Now, in the 2 invoices bank data were the old ones, but as soon as I opened my new account I sent them my new bank data and I told them to do all payments to that new account.

Moreover I couldn't modify the 2 old invoices (one can't change invoices that ha
... See more
Hi,

I received 2 bank transfers from a very slow paying client of mine and I realized I had to pay 18 euros per transfer because the client put my OLD bank data in the transfer order they sent their bank.

Now, in the 2 invoices bank data were the old ones, but as soon as I opened my new account I sent them my new bank data and I told them to do all payments to that new account.

Moreover I couldn't modify the 2 old invoices (one can't change invoices that have already been sent!).

I thought they understood that because they paid an even older invoice to the right account some months ago.

I think they should refund me those 36 euros.

What would you do?

Thanks
Collapse

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
Perhaps you should have kept the old account running for a while May 18, 2005

Francesca Moletta wrote:

Hi Francesca!

It might not be what you want to hear, but perhaps you should have kept the old account running for a while - at least until all the invoices had been paid that stated that account in their payment details.

I don't think you can make the customer refund the EUR 36. They followed the instructions you gave them on the invoice. It's a bit like going into a cafe and ordering a cup of coffee, then when they have the milk on to boil telling them that you've changed your mind and that you'd like tea instead.

FWIW

Alison

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I see... May 18, 2005

Alison Riddell-Kachur wrote:

Francesca Moletta wrote:

Hi Francesca!

It might not be what you want to hear, but perhaps you should have kept the old account running for a while - at least until all the invoices had been paid that stated that account in their payment details.

I don't think you can make the customer refund the EUR 36. They followed the instructions you gave them on the invoice. It's a bit like going into a cafe and ordering a cup of coffee, then when they have the milk on to boil telling them that you've changed your mind and that you'd like tea instead.

FWIW

Alison

I see what you mean, Alison. But I opened the new account last January (and I told them as soon as I opened it) and I couldn't keep 2 accounts running (double fairs!) for 5 months just because he's a slow payer.

As of today, he was the only customer who owned me 2004 invoiced money (because of his slowness in paying).

Moreover he paid the October invoice (old bank data) to the new (right) bank account, so I thought he definitely took note of the change...

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:51
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Put the sum on your next invoice May 18, 2005

If you are going to work for this person you could try at least to make them pay eventually. This worked once for me, but it was a regularly paying customer, whose bookkeeper had stopped using EU-transfer for some reason. They paid the bank charges later.
Regards
Heinrich

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not that easy... May 18, 2005

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

If you are going to work for this person you could try at least to make them pay eventually. This worked once for me, but it was a regularly paying customer, whose bookkeeper had stopped using EU-transfer for some reason. They paid the bank charges later.
Regards
Heinrich

I sent them an email about this thing, but they simply didn't answer, therefore I believe this is their way to tell they don't care (usually this is the way they act).
I guess that if I put in this month invoice 36 euros for bank charges, they're going to tell me they're not going to pay for that...

How did it work for you?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

high bank charges because of agency's inaccuracy

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »