Transit software
Tópico cartaz: Glyn Haggett
Glyn Haggett
Glyn Haggett  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 10:22
alemão para inglês
May 17, 2004

Do any of you use Transit transaltion software? If so, do you have any advice for someone looking into the possibility of buying it?

Adriana Esposito
Adriana Esposito  Identity Verified
Itália
Local time: 11:22
Membro (2014)
inglês para italiano
+ ...
Why should you buy it? May 17, 2004

As far as I know there is Transit Satellite PE freely downloadable on the Star site (http://www.star-solutions.net/html/eng/support/Transit-SAT-PE.html).
Transit PE DOES have some limitations, but if you are "just" a translator and have to use it because some customer asks you to, than your customer should have the full Transit edition which has full functionalit
... See more
As far as I know there is Transit Satellite PE freely downloadable on the Star site (http://www.star-solutions.net/html/eng/support/Transit-SAT-PE.html).
Transit PE DOES have some limitations, but if you are "just" a translator and have to use it because some customer asks you to, than your customer should have the full Transit edition which has full functionality.
I have a customer who uses Transit and this is our agreement. I translate, send them the exported memory and that's about it.
As they have the full edition, they also provide me with any update/upgrade.
If you work as an agency, then you would probably need the full version, and in that case you would have to buy it ...
My two cents.
Collapse

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Irlanda
Local time: 10:22
Buy direct May 18, 2004

Contact Star's UK office and ask if you can buy it directly from them.

Orla

Cipo (X)
Cipo (X)
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Transit XV Sep 3, 2005

Glyn Haggett wrote:

Do any of you use Transit transaltion software? If so, do you have any advice for someone looking into the possibility of buying it?

Hi Glyn,

As the previous poster said, if you're just a freelance translator, the free Transit PE should be ok for you. If you're an agency, STAR offer Transit XV. I happen to have a copy of Transit XV that I would like to sell. (It was bought while we were setting up an agency, but this hasn't worked out and unfortunately we won't be working in translation any more). Let me know if you're interested at all.

Miriam

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) deste fórum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit software

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »