Andrea Wells
Andrea Wells  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 26, 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I just received an email from a Ray Mayer, enquiring about a very large translation project. I was very suspicious, so googled him and found out his domain is being used in a widespread scam to get people to give their PayPal accounts.
If you receive any emails from him, I recommend you ignore it.
Here is
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I just received an email from a Ray Mayer, enquiring about a very large translation project. I was very suspicious, so googled him and found out his domain is being used in a widespread scam to get people to give their PayPal accounts.
If you receive any emails from him, I recommend you ignore it.
Here is the link highlighting the scam.
http://www.virtualassistantforums.com/scam-library/usaid-gov-tony-mayer-scam-17658

Best regards,
Andrea

Andrea Martinez-Wells
VP Spanish Linguistics
AJIS LLC
Mob: 925.200.4149
[email protected]
www.ajisconsulting.com
Collapse

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 01:14
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Amazing! Aug 27, 2010

Thanks for the info, Andrea.

I clicked the link you posted, and I was amazed to find out that the posting dates back to 2007. This means that this so-called Ray Mayer has been around for at least 3 years using the same alias and trying to rip-off people over the Net.

[Edited at 2010-08-27 04:22 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SCAM - Ray Mayer

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »