Auteur du fil: lisevs
Inge Festesen (X)
Inge Festesen (X)  Identity Verified
Allemagne
Local time: 05:42
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
Super idé! Jun 12, 2002

Et skandinavisk forum vil sikkert være en god hjælp til alle her!

Lingua DK
Lingua DK  Identity Verified
Danemark
anglais vers danois
+ ...
Excellent idea Jun 12, 2002

Count me in!

aic
aic
suédois vers danois
+ ...
Godt initiativ! Jun 13, 2002

Den er jeg med på!!! Tak for mailen, Barbara!

Eivind Lilleskjaeret
Eivind Lilleskjaeret  Identity Verified
anglais vers norvégien
+ ...
Jeg er enig Jun 14, 2002

Et forum for svensk, dansk og norsk (dvs. de språkene som forstås gjensidig) hadde vært både nyttig og hyggelig.

Trine A
Trine A
anglais vers danois
+ ...
A good idea Jun 14, 2002

I agree with the rest of you - a Scandinavian forum is a good idea and could be very useful.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 23:42
CRÉATEUR DU SITE
Point taken! Jun 19, 2002

OK, we will definitely create the forum.

But would it be better to have three separate forums? This would be the easiest to program, but if everyone would like them combined, we can work on it.

Barbara Østergaard
Barbara Østergaard
Danemark
anglais vers danois
+ ...
Separate forums, please Jun 20, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-06-19 20:02, Henry wrote:

But would it be better to have three separate forums? This would be the easiest to program, but if everyone would like them combined, we can work on it.

Henry,

Personally, I would prefer three separate forums. I think most contributors suggested a combined forum because ... See more
Quote:

On 2002-06-19 20:02, Henry wrote:

Henry,

Personally, I would prefer three separate forums. I think most contributors suggested a combined forum because they were not sure whether the staff would accept separate forums. Of course, that\'s just my opinion

Let\'s wait and see what the other contributors think...

Kind regards,

Barbara ▲ Collapse

Christina Clark
Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Danemark
anglais vers danois
+ ...
Separate forums Jun 20, 2002

I second Henry\'s idea on separate forums.

lisevs
lisevs
AUTEUR DU FIL
separate forums are ok Jun 20, 2002

I suggested a combined forum because I thought we might all benefit more from one forum with at larger community, but of course I have nothing against separate forums - I hope it would still be allowed to write danish replies in a swedish or norwegian forum

thank you, henry, - already looking forward to the forum(s)

lise

Inge Festesen (X)
Inge Festesen (X)  Identity Verified
Allemagne
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
Separate forum ok Jun 20, 2002

I would prefer separate forums, too!

schwensen (X)
schwensen (X)  Identity Verified
espagnol vers danois
+ ...
Separate forums... Jun 20, 2002

If it\'s easier to create separate forums, then I think you should do it that way. I guess we will be allowed to pop in at the neighbours place now and then, if we need support from the other forums. ;o)

Thank you for helping us, Henry!

Anna

lone (X)
lone (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:42
anglais vers danois
+ ...
three (or more) separate forums Jun 20, 2002

I tend to agree with Henry. I am a member of a very popular Scandinavian mailing list, Norskjal, which covers translation and interpreting issues/questions between English and all the Nordic languages. We are therefore talking about Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and sometimes Icelandic, Faeroese and Greenlandic.

Although Norskjal is a great service, I have often wished that there would be a specific Danish only forum, simply because so many terms and issues can differ amongst
... See more
I tend to agree with Henry. I am a member of a very popular Scandinavian mailing list, Norskjal, which covers translation and interpreting issues/questions between English and all the Nordic languages. We are therefore talking about Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and sometimes Icelandic, Faeroese and Greenlandic.

Although Norskjal is a great service, I have often wished that there would be a specific Danish only forum, simply because so many terms and issues can differ amongst the Nordic countries.

It seems to me that most of the requests for this forum has been from Danish translators/interpretors, so how about starting a Danish Forum to begin with?

And maybe we should leave our messages in English for now, out of courtesy to Henry!
Collapse

Tone Halling
Tone Halling  Identity Verified
Norvège
Membre (2004)
anglais vers norvégien
+ ...
Prefer separate forums Jun 21, 2002

I\'d prefer a separate Norwegian forum if this is feasible, but I\'m also interested in a Scandinavian forum if a separate Norwegian forum proves difficult to accomplish - this is in any case a great initiative.

Solveig Hansen
Solveig Hansen  Identity Verified
Norvège
anglais vers norvégien
+ ...
Combined forum, please Jun 21, 2002

I prefer a combined forum to take advantage of the similarities between Danish, Swedish and Norwegian languages.

Elisabeth Bull
Elisabeth Bull  Identity Verified
anglais vers norvégien
+ ...
Separate forums Jun 21, 2002

Yes, I\'d like to have separate forums here too if that can be done. I haven\'t used the forums very much so far, but I probably would if there was a forum for my language only.

Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wanting a Scandinavian Forum

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »