Thread poster: Ali Bayraktar
Therrien
Therrien  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:47
English to French
+ ...
Got a refund May 3, 2012

I suscribed to it for some job or whatnot, I don't quite recall.

I didn't use the product or care for it, but didn't read those fine-prints.

I was dinged with that 40-and-something fee plus membership.

I threatened opening a ticket to Paypal; their contact email on their paypal receipt was a dud.

After 2-3 emails of arguments, I received a full refund.

I don't care how legitimate, valuable or useful the product. Fools traps (FR: pi
... See more
I suscribed to it for some job or whatnot, I don't quite recall.

I didn't use the product or care for it, but didn't read those fine-prints.

I was dinged with that 40-and-something fee plus membership.

I threatened opening a ticket to Paypal; their contact email on their paypal receipt was a dud.

After 2-3 emails of arguments, I received a full refund.

I don't care how legitimate, valuable or useful the product. Fools traps (FR: pièges à con) are very bad PR and dishonest; they get no support or monies from me.

Best:

Alex
Collapse

Viola Vilde
Viola Vilde  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:47
Member (2011)
English to Latvian
+ ...
I take back part of my complain... May 8, 2012

After I posted a message here on 2nd of May, 2012, I received a phone call from Satish Sivarajan who apologized for not answering to my e-mails and kept the promise - the amount of 30 EUR, cancellation fee, that was withdrawn the 2nd of May, was put back.

So... no good feelings about Lionbridge, but not so big loss in this experiment:)

Robin Jackson
Robin Jackson  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:47
English
+ ...
How can they use my paypal account without my knowledge? Jul 28, 2012

Narasimhan Raghavan wrote:

It is more than a few months since your posting on this subject. Did you get any clarifications from the offending advertiser?

If not, is it not time that you ban them?

To read anything connected with Lionbridge leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

A bunch of cheaters, they seem to be.

Regards,
N. Raghavan

Henry Dotterer wrote:

imatahan wrote:

I wrote them complaining that I've entered for a trial and they told me they wouldn't make it again but that they had no mechanisms for sending my money back!

I don't even remember having used it.

And they took off from Paypal 14 USD twice.

I've put a call in to Lionbridge, since they are an advertiser and it would appear that there has been some confusion in this promotion of theirs. I will see if I can have them clarify.

Robin Jackson
Robin Jackson  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:47
English
+ ...
Use of paypal by Lionbridge Jul 28, 2012

I was puzzled to find that my paypal account had been charged $14.00 by Lionbridge Geoworkz, but I do not remember authorizing any such payment and, yes, it appears to be difficult if not impossible to "cancel."

lexical
lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:47
Portuguese to English
no update from Henry - why? Aug 3, 2012

21 months since Henry promised to look into this and no further word from him. Now why is it that I don't think this is strange?

Linda Larsson (X)
Linda Larsson (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
HELP Aug 6, 2012

Has anyone figured a way to cancel? I've sent a message, but no reply. I cannot find a cancel button anywhere?

YIKES!!!

Maxim Soolkovskiy
Maxim Soolkovskiy  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:47
English to Russian
Thanks for the warning Apr 25, 2013

Thank you everyone for your replies and opinions concerning Geoworkz.
I was thinking to give that resource a shot today, mainly to test their jobs directory. And nearly set up my trial account, but thanks God, before putting in my billing details, decided to google the company...
The hidden 3 month cancellation thingy, I think, says it all about the company and the way they treat their customers. And even more so as there was no express warning about this condition on their side as
... See more
Thank you everyone for your replies and opinions concerning Geoworkz.
I was thinking to give that resource a shot today, mainly to test their jobs directory. And nearly set up my trial account, but thanks God, before putting in my billing details, decided to google the company...
The hidden 3 month cancellation thingy, I think, says it all about the company and the way they treat their customers. And even more so as there was no express warning about this condition on their side as I tried to sign up.
I can't quite think of any other providers to have such scamming conditions. I mean if by the moment when I signed up for the free trial they had expressly warned me about 3 months cancellation fees, that would not be an issue, and I still might get a shot.
But the hidden condition like this can only associate with scam at its best, at less to me. And like they say, once a fool - always a fool.
P.S. Gotta give credit to Geoworkz marketing department - one has to work really hard to come out with such an idea, which would help reach the bottom line of greed and arrogance and ruin the goodwill and reputation of a big company.
So point taken, will stay away from Geoworkz and LB in general. Will stick to my current small- and mid-sized customers. At less they are honest and respectful to me.

[Edited at 2013-04-25 11:36 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-04-25 11:39 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-04-25 11:41 GMT]
Collapse

Marius Reika
Marius Reika  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:17
English to Lithuanian
44 eur Apr 30, 2013

Viola Vilde wrote:
To gain 44 EUR I have to work at least one working day, about 8 hours, in language pair EN-LV.

Viola, I think it would be good to raise your rates or find some new clients.
With 11 years of translating experience? You should be making this money in a couple of hours or less.

dkfmmuc
dkfmmuc  Identity Verified
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Any update about the reliability available? Mar 27, 2015

By chance I have found this thread, it would be fine if anyone would have an update about the size of their marketplace, the reliability and related issues.

I have made a search for the language pair English (UK) -> German and their marketplace
delivers me exactly one project with 47,000 words placed on two different dates.

Can't even get the infos about it or quote without buying their services or opening the "trial" account.

Have I failed to see
... See more
By chance I have found this thread, it would be fine if anyone would have an update about the size of their marketplace, the reliability and related issues.

I have made a search for the language pair English (UK) -> German and their marketplace
delivers me exactly one project with 47,000 words placed on two different dates.

Can't even get the infos about it or quote without buying their services or opening the "trial" account.

Have I failed to see everything?

Info would be fine.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Geoworkz

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »