Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Oct 1 (posted viaProZ.com): Getting ready to chat with everyone on the topic of "continuing education for translators" via Proz's 2019 International Translation Day! See you in about 12 hours ;)...more, + 5 other entries »
I am a historian and socio-linguist by training, and am a multilingual Hong Kong Chinese-Canadian who has worked and lived in Hong Kong, Belgium, France, Canada and Brazil. Native speaker of Cantonese and Canadian English. 100% fluent in the use and comprehension of both Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
1. Master of Arts in Technical Communication and Localization at the Université de Strasbourg, France.
2. Bachelor of Arts (Hon.BA) in History and Linguistics, at the University of Toronto, Canada.
4. TEFL certification (Teach English as a Foreign Language) since 2011.
5. Diploma of International Trade Specialist, obtained at Seneca College, Toronto Canada
Offering services in the following language pairs:
Chinese (simplified and traditional Chinese) to English; English to Chinese; Chinese (monolingual); English (monolingual)
Brazilian Portuguese into English
Chinese (monolingual, primarily Traditional Chinese)
English (monolingual, primarily US English)
Main fields of work: Marketing (Research and analysis; marketing reports; promotional material, etc)
Travel/Tourism/Lifestyle & Entertainment
Fine Arts (with focus on academic journal entries and abstracts; focus on history, linguistics, art history)
Interpretation services: Cantonese Chinese <> English only
What I can offer
1. Fluent, to-the-point translation from a native speaker of Chinese and English
2. Average daily output of 3000-3500 a day
3. Reasonable rates and efficient turnaround time
4. Editorial and writing tasks can be completed as per request; other than translating your material, I can edit and write for you!