How to deal with late payment?
Thread poster: lisa lu
lisa lu
lisa lu
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 6, 2003

I just got into the freelance field lately. I\'v done 2 jobs for 2 agencies in early Feb. and middle of March, but I havn\'t received any payment yet. I don\'t know if it is normal? How to deal with late payment? Thanks for any comment.

Bin Zhang
Bin Zhang  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:15
English to Chinese
+ ...
Take your time. May 6, 2003

It usually takes 30 to 45 business days to get your payment,but it should indicate on the work order or purchase order from the company to you.It should also tell you payment method,payment date,and some other related issues.

Good luck.

Bin Zhang

lisa lu
lisa lu
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
late payment May 8, 2003

Hi, Bin,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Obviously, both the 2 agencies are not paying me as they said in their P.O. which are 45 days after invoice and net 30 days respectively. I wonder if such kind of late payment is normal?

Lisa

Quote:

On 2003-05-06 17:48, Benzhang83 wrote:

It usually takes 30 to 45 business days to get your payment,but it should indicate on the work order or purchase orde... See more
Hi, Bin,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Obviously, both the 2 agencies are not paying me as they said in their P.O. which are 45 days after invoice and net 30 days respectively. I wonder if such kind of late payment is normal?

Lisa

Quote:

On 2003-05-06 17:48, Benzhang83 wrote:

It usually takes 30 to 45 business days to get your payment,but it should indicate on the work order or purchase order from the company to you.It should also tell you payment method,payment date,and some other related issues.

Good luck.

Bin Zhang

Collapse

Li-chuan Yen
Li-chuan Yen  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:15
English to Chinese
Contact the clients May 11, 2003

I\'d send my invoice again to remind them it\'s time to pay!

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:15
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hi Lisa, May 11, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-06 04:41, lisalu wrote:

I just got into the freelance field lately. I\'v done 2 jobs for 2 agencies in early Feb. and middle of March, but I havn\'t received any payment yet. I don\'t know if it is normal? How to deal with late payment? Thanks for any comment.

I usually wait for 2 months before giving my client an \"ultimatum\". However , in the interim, e.g. 40 days after yo... See more
Quote:

On 2003-05-06 04:41, lisalu wrote:

I usually wait for 2 months before giving my client an \"ultimatum\". However , in the interim, e.g. 40 days after you send your initial invoice, you may send him/her a \"friendly reminder\".

HTH

BR,

Betty

[ This Message was edited by: BBW C.Tran,ATIO on 2003-05-11 18:01] ▲ Collapse

pager
pager
China
Local time: 07:15
Chinese to English
+ ...
Wanna make a friend with you, thanx Jun 18, 2003

lisa lu wrote:

I just got into the freelance field lately. I'v done 2 jobs for 2 agencies in early Feb. and middle of March, but I havn't received any payment yet. I don't know if it is normal? How to deal with late payment? Thanks for any comment.

[email protected], or [email protected]
13161195912/8265 6098, Pat is my name

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to deal with late payment?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »