John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:17
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Jul 20, 2013

I just received an unusual request from an agency based in Australia. They claimed they had obtained my CV from activehire.com, a website that I had never heard of before. They offered me the princely sum of $16/hour to join their global team of "freelancers and consultants" (the minimum wage here is $11).

The strange thing is that this website states quite openly that they copy CVs from other sites and promote this as an advantage. Apparently I am a "passive candidate" because I
... See more
I just received an unusual request from an agency based in Australia. They claimed they had obtained my CV from activehire.com, a website that I had never heard of before. They offered me the princely sum of $16/hour to join their global team of "freelancers and consultants" (the minimum wage here is $11).

The strange thing is that this website states quite openly that they copy CVs from other sites and promote this as an advantage. Apparently I am a "passive candidate" because I don't actively visit job boards and am therefore better qualified. Sounds like quite an interesting way of determining candidates qualifications!

Has anyone else heard of this type of operation? I've asked them to take my CV down - we'll see what happens.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:17
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
This site is a branch Jul 20, 2013

of Zillionresumescom - you can read more about their bisness at http://www.cswork.com/ZillionResumes.php ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CV scraper site

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »