Is there a way to convert part of a document into txlf?
Thread poster: enkrko
enkrko
enkrko
South Korea
Local time: 05:15
English to Korean
Oct 2, 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm using WFP 5 and I have to translate part of a PDF document. For example, if the document is 10 pages long, I only need to translate pp. 2-7 and wish to convert only that part into txlf.

Copying and pasting to Word then opening the Word file on Wordfast doesn't look like a good idea because the lines break mid-sentence and form separate segments in the txlf file when converted.

Any hidden tips or tricks on this matter would be very much appr
... See more
Hi everyone,

I'm using WFP 5 and I have to translate part of a PDF document. For example, if the document is 10 pages long, I only need to translate pp. 2-7 and wish to convert only that part into txlf.

Copying and pasting to Word then opening the Word file on Wordfast doesn't look like a good idea because the lines break mid-sentence and form separate segments in the txlf file when converted.

Any hidden tips or tricks on this matter would be very much appreciated!:)
Collapse

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 23:15
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
My way Oct 2, 2018

If I were you, I would extract pp. 2–7 from the PDF document leaving the other pages alone. Then use an OCR program like ABBYY FineReader to convert the extracted pages to an editable format like an MS Word doc. Edit the MS Word doc after the OCR process and import into Wordfast Pro 5 to translate. After translation, export into the MS Word doc again, save as a pdf doc or whatever.

enkrko

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
initially Oct 2, 2018

One should use one of:
- Adobe Acrobat Professional,
- Adobe Reader,
- PDFCreator,
- Pdf995 Printer Driver,
- PhotoShop
or other pieces of software capable to extract or send pages to PDF printer.
If it's not NDA-related, check Google Chrome or some online offers too.

Of course, if it's about complicated layout, at the office I prefer Acrobat Pro

[Edited at 2018-10-02 12:42 GMT]

enkrko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to convert part of a document into txlf?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »