Jonathan Norris
Jonathan Norris  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:26
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2016

Hi,

I am on v. 3.4.2, and suddenly today, each time I move from segment to segment there is a pausing/delay of a minute or two before it resumes. I have reset and rebooted numerous times and tried reloading the file. What is going on? Am I ripe for an upgrade?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:26
English to French
+ ...
Update needed? Feb 24, 2016

FWIW, current version is 3.4.7, I believe. Worth updating, at any rate.

Then, there's the 4. beta (which Wordfast calls something else): http://www.wordfast.com/wfp4

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:26
Finnish to French
"Preview" Feb 26, 2016

JL01 wrote:
Then, there's the 4. beta (which Wordfast calls something else): http://www.wordfast.com/wfp4

It’s called "Preview". It’s not just Wordfast: Microsoft also releases "Preview" versions of Windows, Office etc. "Preview" means between beta and final/released.

Massimo Gilardenghi
Massimo Gilardenghi  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:26
English to Italian
+ ...
Version 3.4.7 issue Mar 8, 2016

I updated my WF Pro to version 3.4.7 in the last couple of weeks and I am also experiencing freezing issues (the cursor frequently 'freezes' for a few seconds in any given segment), delaying my working progress and disrupting my mental processes. This was not the case with the last version before this one. I do hope that the problem is resolved soon.

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 20:26
Try increasing memory Mar 8, 2016

Hi Massimo,

Try increasing the memory from Preferences > Memory Preferences and restart WF.

Do you have Remote connection to TM or Glossary?
How many segments in the TXML you experience freezing issues?
What Operating system have you installed WF?

Thank you,

John

Massimo Gilardenghi wrote:

I updated my WF Pro to version 3.4.7 in the last couple of weeks and I am also experiencing freezing issues (the cursor frequently 'freezes' for a few seconds in any given segment), delaying my working progress and disrupting my mental processes. This was not the case with the last version before this one. I do hope that the problem is resolved soon.

Exactly the same problem Sep 4, 2018

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with Wordfast pro 3.4.14. I updated to the latest version recently and the issue persists. It is SO anoying. Slows down my work and it is really disruptive. I cannot believe they put on the market a software that works so poorly. Please offer a solution or fix the problem.

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
exactly the same specific questions Sep 4, 2018

How much HDD/RAM is available for the software? (Task Manager> Memory)
What file format and how big document are you processing?
When did it start--or it was initially slow?

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 20:26
Contact hotline Sep 4, 2018

Hi

WFP 3.4.14 shouldn't be slow and it could be specific to your system, can you contact Wordfast hotline for this issue to be sorted?

Thank you,

John

Gld8 wrote:

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with Wordfast pro 3.4.14. I updated to the latest version recently and the issue persists. It is SO anoying. Slows down my work and it is really disruptive. I cannot believe they put on the market a software that works so poorly. Please offer a solution or fix the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freezing Issue

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »