Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >
Chartered Institute of Linguists - DipTrans exams - Any news?
Thread poster: Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Marie-Helene Dubois
Marie-Helene Dubois  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:38
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! May 5, 2011

It turns out that my results had been inserted into my neighbour's letter box instead of mine and fortunately he has been kind enough to give them to me.

I couldn't contain my excitement when I saw the thick envelope having read your comments. He must think I'm mad.

But anyway, the important thing is that I've PASSED! YEEEAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
YESSSSS! May 5, 2011

Wow! Congratulations! YEEESSSS!!!!!

Now, what will be your next challenge? We must always have a new one!!!

Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Congrats!!! May 5, 2011

It's a great feeling, isn't it? :=)

Tina ter Welle-Persijn
Tina ter Welle-Persijn
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Still waiting in the Netherlands! May 7, 2011

Congratulations to all those who have passed!!

Is anyone else in the Netherlands still waiting for their results?

Natalia Kobzareva
Natalia Kobzareva  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:38
English to Russian
+ ...
Got it yesterday May 11, 2011

in Moscow, Russia.
Congratulations to all who passed.

Does anyone know how to effectively amend the profile by showing the IOL credentials?

Thank you

Gordana Podvezanec
Gordana Podvezanec  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2003)
German to Croatian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
passed the exam! May 11, 2011

DipTrans 12:24

Hello
I have gotten my results and I have sucessfully passed the exam.

Ms Jo Vehbi was very heplful and replied to my numerous emails on the exam and on the results.

here is the email: [email protected]
Thank you ms Vehbi!

Gordana

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Easy May 11, 2011

Natalia Kobzareva wrote:
Does anyone know how to effectively amend the profile by showing the IOL credentials?

Congratulations!!

Yes, you can basically go to edit your profile and enter a new credential in a language pair. I think it is best to write the name of the diploma in the Other box, since the predefined list only contains the IOL and the Institute has a number of diplomas in areas other than translation.

I wrote "IOL Diploma in Translation" indicating the source and target languages. I also scanned the IOL's slip reporting the Pass and had it verified by Proz.com now (the Diploma itself is issued in July I think).

You can ask for verification via a support ticket, selecting the type of ticket "Credential verification".

Again, congratulations!!

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Congratulations! May 11, 2011

Gordana Podvezanec wrote:

Great! Congrats!!

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to add the credential May 11, 2011

Go to your profile (you have a link right at the top of the webpage when you use Proz.com). Scroll down to the "Credentials" section and click the little "Edit your credentials" icon.

You will see a list of your language pairs. For the language pair in which you passed the exam, click "Add credentials" or "Edit credentials" (depending on whether you have other credentials".

In the "Add a credential to this pair" section, write the Diploma's name in the "Other box". For
... See more
Go to your profile (you have a link right at the top of the webpage when you use Proz.com). Scroll down to the "Credentials" section and click the little "Edit your credentials" icon.

You will see a list of your language pairs. For the language pair in which you passed the exam, click "Add credentials" or "Edit credentials" (depending on whether you have other credentials".

In the "Add a credential to this pair" section, write the Diploma's name in the "Other box". For instance, I wrote "IOL Diploma in Translation English-Spanish". I think that describes it exactly. Clic "Submit" to store the credential.

About the verification by Proz.com, please check the corresponding FAQ: http://www.proz.com/faq/profiles/credentials.html#how_do_i_get_a_credential_verified_
Collapse

Marie-Helene Dubois
Spain
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Next challenge May 11, 2011

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Wow! Congratulations! YEEESSSS!!!!!

Now, what will be your next challenge? We must always have a new one!!!

Thanks Tomás!

My next challenge is to try to get some work hahaha.

I would also like to try to acquire the classification of "traductora jurada".

I have saved this link
http://www.maec.es/es/MenuPpal/Ministerio/Tablondeanuncios/InterpretesJurados/Paginas/RECONOCIMIENTODECUALIFICACIONESPROFESIONALES.aspx

which makes me think that we could supposedly apply to have our diploma considered as sufficient proof of ability and qualification to be included as a traductor/a jurado/a.

I know that in Spain we can charge 25% more for a traducción jurada.

Do you know anything about this?

I'm not sure how to apply for the exam if not as the information is a bit ambiguous.

Marie-Helene Dubois
Spain
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes May 11, 2011

Gordana Podvezanec wrote:

DipTrans 12:24

Hello

Ms Jo Vehbi was very heplful and replied to my numerous emails on the exam and on the results.

here is the email: [email protected]
Thank you ms Vehbi!

Gordana

Yes it's true. I wrote to Jo and she replied within 48 hours. The centre in which I took the exam has still not replied one week later so I would suggest to anyone still awaiting their results that they get in touch with Jo, as Gordana rightly suggests..

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Would be great May 11, 2011

mhdubes wrote:
which makes me think that we could supposedly apply to have our diploma considered as sufficient proof of ability and qualification to be included as a traductor/a jurado/a.

Hm... That would be an interesting possibility. At least, it would be great to have them consider your access to the exam. Now, the exam itself is rather hard to pass, and allegedly only a handful of people passed last year. I don't know whether this is true or not, however.

I think the first thing we should do is to ascertain whether the DipTrans (which has a Level 7 -postgraduate education- in the UK credit system) can be accepted in Spain. We should clearly investigate it.

Tina ter Welle-Persijn
Tina ter Welle-Persijn
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Still waiting :-( May 17, 2011

I still haven't received my results yet. Apparently they were sent out at the end of April but seem to have got lost in the post somewhere. I've sent an email to Jo and will hopefully hear something soon.

Tina ter Welle-Persijn
Tina ter Welle-Persijn
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Just heard.. May 17, 2011

Just heard from Jo they have been resent so should receive them in a couple of days

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good luck! May 17, 2011

Tina ter Welle-Persijn wrote:
Just heard from Jo they have been resent so should receive them in a couple of days

I hope the results are what you expect, Tina! Good luck!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chartered Institute of Linguists - DipTrans exams - Any news?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »