Thread poster: Rosa Foyle
Rosa Foyle
Rosa Foyle  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 14, 2013

Has anyone received their results yet? I know that IOL posted on their website that the results would be mailed on 3 May. I still haven't received my results in Germany. Has anyone actually received the results from the January 2013 exam (regardless of language combination)?

Marie-Helene Dubois
Marie-Helene Dubois  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:36
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes May 14, 2013

I received mine last week and my friend who also took the exam this year received his even before the 3rd of May!

I do remember though from the very first DipTrans I took a few years ago when I was living in Spain that I got my results more than a week after a lot of others got them so perhaps they get sent out in batches. If I were you, I'd wait until next week before getting worried.

Here's hoping you get a thick envelope!

Good luck
See more
I received mine last week and my friend who also took the exam this year received his even before the 3rd of May!

I do remember though from the very first DipTrans I took a few years ago when I was living in Spain that I got my results more than a week after a lot of others got them so perhaps they get sent out in batches. If I were you, I'd wait until next week before getting worried.

Here's hoping you get a thick envelope!

Good luck
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Yes May 14, 2013

Yes, I got my results on Monday last week (and passed the general paper that I had pending!).

I was surprised that they arrived so soon as I live in a small village in Spain, and the post is infamously slow here.

If I were you I'd wait a few more days before phoning. There have been bank holidays in the UK and elsewhere in Europe, and the post might have got delayed in the process.

Good luck with your results!

David Hayes
David Hayes  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Yes May 14, 2013

Yes, I received my results on 3 May, even though I live in France. I was very surprised that they arrived so soon since I too had read that message on the IoL website.
The results were also a pleasant surprise (this time!). I hope you will find out your results very soon and have cause to celebrate.

Rosa Foyle
Germany
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your replies May 14, 2013

Thanks for your replies. And congrats to everyone who passed. I will wait till the end of the week before making any calls (although the waiting is torture!).

Frankfurt1
Frankfurt1
German to English
DipTrans in Germany May 14, 2013

Hello Rosa,

I received my results here in Frankfurt last week Thursday, so the 9th May. I does sound a bit unusual that yours have not arrived yet....maybe wait one more day and then give them a ring.

Fingers crossed.....

Alex

Rosa Foyle
Germany
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
snail mail is taking its time May 14, 2013

Thanks Alex for letting me know that you had already recieved it in Frankfurt. As I am practically your neighbour here in Wiesbaden, I decided to contact the exam centre in Hamburg and then IOL by phone. They told me that I passed my last and final section. I will recieve my diploma in the mail. I can finally sleep deeply tonight knowing that this is all over.
Best wishes to everyone.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Summer is close! May 14, 2013

Daffodils are in full bloom and people ask about DipTrans results... summer is close!

I promise: I do not mean to be ironic. I know how nervious the slowness of the process can make you. Congratulations to those who passed!

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Congratulations! May 14, 2013

That's great news, Rosa. Well done!

GP Translations
GP Translations  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:36
Spanish to English
+ ...
Getting results outside of Europe May 16, 2013

...is always even more painful. No news in Mexico yet. I'm hoping to get something in the next week, but I won't hold my breath! Anyone else waiting for results outside of Europe.

Rosa Foyle
Germany
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry to hear that you're still waiting May 16, 2013

Hi Geraldine,
Sorry to hear that you're still waiting in Mexico. I'll keep my fingers crossed that a really big packet from IOL arrives soon! All the best to everyone else who is still plaing the waiting game! Rosa

GP Translations
Mexico
Spanish to English
+ ...
Still waiting! May 17, 2013

Rosa Foyle wrote:

Hi Geraldine,
Sorry to hear that you're still waiting in Mexico. I'll keep my fingers crossed that a really big packet from IOL arrives soon! All the best to everyone else who is still plaing the waiting game! Rosa

Thanks, Rosa and congratulations! I'm hoping that the wait is worth it. I took two units in January, and I really want to complete the Diploma!

Was your local centre able to tell you the result or did the IOL tell you it?

GP Translations
Mexico
Spanish to English
+ ...
Anyone else still waiting? May 23, 2013

I really hope I've passed because this wait is painful!

GP Translations
Mexico
Spanish to English
+ ...
Finally got the results one month later! Jun 3, 2013

Just a warning to those of you who want to take the exam and live far away from London. One whole month late!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Diploma in Translation 2013

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »