Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: Do you have information pertaining to your business in your email signature?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Oct 28, 2013

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Do you have information pertaining to your business in your email signature?".

This poll was originally submitted by tilakahuja. View the poll results »

tilak raj
tilak raj  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:23
Member (2012)
English to Punjabi
+ ...
Yes Oct 28, 2013

yes I do. Due to signature Client can see the information about my business properly. It is also good way to authenticate myself (e.g. address, mobile and other). client can verify us easily without seeing our cv or profile more.

Cristiana Sima
Cristiana Sima  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 20:53
English to Romanian
+ ...
No Oct 28, 2013

But I should

Thanks for bringing that up!

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 19:53
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes Oct 28, 2013

My name, the legend "Language Services", snail mail address and mobile number. This is followed by a brief disclaimer/reminder that I won't be held responsible for any subsequent alterations to the translated material I deliver.

Heather McCrae
Heather McCrae  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
yes Oct 28, 2013

mine looks like this:

Heather

HJM Technical Translations
Heather McCrae
Translating German to English

Tel: 0049 (0)40 1804 6949
Fax: 0049 (0)40 1804 6951
Mob: 0049 (0)172 416 3100
http://www.proz.com/translator/934453

... See more
mine looks like this:

Heather

HJM Technical Translations
Heather McCrae
Translating German to English

Tel: 0049 (0)40 1804 6949
Fax: 0049 (0)40 1804 6951
Mob: 0049 (0)172 416 3100
http://www.proz.com/translator/934453

Come to my powwow, Hamburg, 30.11.2013: http://www.proz.com/powwow/4816

Help people help themselves: www.kiva.org
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/heather8285

It grows as time goes by
I used to have my qualifications as well (BA, MSc, etc) but left them out at some point, no longer remember why.

It is always a good idea to have a meaningful signature, saves time and looks good.
Collapse

Noura Tawil
Noura Tawil  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 20:53
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
Other Oct 28, 2013

I designed a business signature, but I only/always use it in business-related emails.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:53
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
No, but... Oct 28, 2013

...it's on my to-do list.

Joanna Modzelewska-Jankowiak
Joanna Modzelewska-Jankowiak
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Just the same... Oct 28, 2013

Muriel Vasconcellos wrote:

...it's on my to-do list.

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:53
German to English
+ ...
No Oct 28, 2013

I don't have an e-mail signature, except from my phone and tablet which say 'sent from a mobile device' so clients know I'm not in the office.

Suzan Hamer
Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English
+ ...
Very simple. Oct 28, 2013

Need a good English editor, proofreader, or translator (NL>EN)?
Look no further:
http://www.proz.com/profile/142037

Fussy editing for fussy people

Centered (html for "center" doesn't seem to work here in the forums) and set off by a thin line above and below.

To those of you for whom it is on your to-do lists: it tak
... See more
Need a good English editor, proofreader, or translator (NL>EN)?
Look no further:
http://www.proz.com/profile/142037

Fussy editing for fussy people

Centered (html for "center" doesn't seem to work here in the forums) and set off by a thin line above and below.

To those of you for whom it is on your to-do lists: it takes only 5 minutes....

[Edited at 2013-10-28 09:41 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-10-28 09:42 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-10-28 09:46 GMT]
Collapse

Gül Kaya
Gül Kaya  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Turkish to English
+ ...
Responsibility for alterations Oct 28, 2013

neilmac wrote:

This is followed by a brief disclaimer/reminder that I won't be held responsible for any subsequent alterations to the translated material I deliver.

This is interesting. I have never considered it. Why do you feel it necessary to include it in your signature and not subsequent communication with the client, such as during the actual quote submission or acceptance of a job?

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Honestly Oct 28, 2013

Gül Kaya wrote:

neilmac wrote:

This is followed by a brief disclaimer/reminder that I won't be held responsible for any subsequent alterations to the translated material I deliver.

This is interesting. I have never considered it. Why do you feel it necessary to include it in your signature and not subsequent communication with the client, such as during the actual quote submission or acceptance of a job?

I don't feel it necessary and I'm certainly not recommending that others should follow my example. At the time when I inserted it, I may have been annoyed by some changes made to one of my translations by a reviewer. However, in hindsight I think it makes me look serious about my work, which can't be a bad thing. In general I try to keep my communication with the client about anything like quotes or negotiating, i.e. not directly related with the translation per se, to a minimum.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Of course. Oct 28, 2013

My signature includes, among other information, my professional memberships, a link to my ProZ.com profile and (the 1-woman) company name.

[Edited at 2013-10-28 10:49 GMT]

Allison Wright (X)
Allison Wright (X)  Identity Verified
Portugal
Yes Oct 28, 2013

As I normally sign off with "Kind regards, Allison", I add the following to business e-mails, but seldom include it once a regular relationship is established.

Yes, even French and German clients get the bit in Portuguese. Points to my quirkiness, an important tool in any translator's bag of tricks.

Allison Wright
Translator - German, French and Portuguese into English
Mobile + 351 911 0
... See more
As I normally sign off with "Kind regards, Allison", I add the following to business e-mails, but seldom include it once a regular relationship is established.

Yes, even French and German clients get the bit in Portuguese. Points to my quirkiness, an important tool in any translator's bag of tricks.

Allison Wright
Translator - German, French and Portuguese into English
Mobile + 351 911 075 556 | Telephone +351 289 362 025
Accredited Member of the South African Translators' Institute (SATI)

Tradutora francês-inglês, alemão-inglês e português-inglês
Tlm: 911 075 556 | Telefon: 289 362 025
Membro Acreditado do Instituto Sul-Africano de Tradutores (SATI)

[email protected]
http://www.proz.com/translator/992168
http://www.wix.com/languag2/allison_wright_translations
Collapse

Catharine Cellier-Smart
Catharine Cellier-Smart  Identity Verified
Reunion
Local time: 21:53
French to English
+ ...
Yes it's free marketing/advertising Oct 28, 2013

Not everybody I write to using my professional e-mail address is already a client, so I think it's always a good idea to have some extra info that 'advertises' me.
Even if I am writing to a client I believe it's useful for the recipient to have my contact details to hand.
I try not to have too much information though - I could add links to my social media profiles but I think that would really make it too long.

Mine looks like this:

Catharine Cellier-Smart<
... See more
Not everybody I write to using my professional e-mail address is already a client, so I think it's always a good idea to have some extra info that 'advertises' me.
Even if I am writing to a client I believe it's useful for the recipient to have my contact details to hand.
I try not to have too much information though - I could add links to my social media profiles but I think that would really make it too long.

Mine looks like this:

Catharine Cellier-Smart
+ 262 (0)692 000000 / + 262 (0)262 000000
Freelance French to English Translator
Traductrice indépendante français > anglais
http://smart-translate.info
[email protected]
Membre de la SFT (Société Française des Traducteurs)
Registration/ SIRET N° XXX XXX XXX XXXXX

According to who I'm writing to I sometime add my time zone and/or the fact that I'm a ProZ certified Pro.

[Edited at 2013-10-28 12:32 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you have information pertaining to your business in your email signature?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »