How can I get an in-house position in London? (en/fr/sp - por) What salary?
Thread poster: Laerte da Silva

Laerte da Silva  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:51
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 11, 2003

How can I get an in-house position(ENG./French/Spanish - Portuguese)? What salary can I expect in London?

Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:51
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It depends on your experience and on clients needs Aug 11, 2003

Hello Laerte,

It all depends on your experience and on the clients needs. There are a few job agencies you can search in to see what they have in your language combinations. To start with, don't expect a too high salary and also keep in mind that in London you will need quite a lot of pounds to survive.

Also Trados expertise could be a plus as this is used a lot by translation agencies over there.

I can give you a few hints. If you feel this might interest
... See more
Hello Laerte,

It all depends on your experience and on the clients needs. There are a few job agencies you can search in to see what they have in your language combinations. To start with, don't expect a too high salary and also keep in mind that in London you will need quite a lot of pounds to survive.

Also Trados expertise could be a plus as this is used a lot by translation agencies over there.

I can give you a few hints. If you feel this might interest you please feel free to contact me privately.

All the best
Mónica
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I get an in-house position in London? (en/fr/sp - por) What salary?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search