Thread poster: Orietta Neri
Orietta Neri
Orietta Neri  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:18
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 3, 2002

I am quite new to the site so I might have missed the answers to my questions, but I have two points to make:

a)I see that some asker never choose an answer, so denying people who spend time answering their credits and prevent the glossaries to be updated;

b) what can you do if you are confident that an answer (yours or another member\'s) was correct but the asker choose another one, which you think incorrect?

Thanks, Roberto

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Patience... Jun 3, 2002

In the first case, the answers will be graded automatically after a while.

In the second case, I recomend you to write a message to the person who posted the question (if s/he is a member of ProZ) telling them why your answer is \"better\". Nevertheless, remember that sometimes is a question of context, that may not justify choosing another answer in your eyes, but to the person who asked the question means a world.

Cheers!

P. (by th
... See more
In the first case, the answers will be graded automatically after a while.

In the second case, I recomend you to write a message to the person who posted the question (if s/he is a member of ProZ) telling them why your answer is \"better\". Nevertheless, remember that sometimes is a question of context, that may not justify choosing another answer in your eyes, but to the person who asked the question means a world.

Cheers!

P. (by the way, points are not that important...)
Collapse

Leo van Zanten
Leo van Zanten  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:18
Member (2011)
Dutch
+ ...
Language....... :) Jun 4, 2002

Hi Roberto,

Welcome to the Prozian community.

Another tip on the choice of the forum for your questions/postings. For each type of topic there\'s a specific forum.

This one for example is the Dutch forum.

It\'s supposed to be for messages in Dutch.

Ik kan me voorstellen dat het even wennen is met al die verschillende fora, om de meest geschikte eruit te kiezen.

Groeten en succes!
... See more
Hi Roberto,

Welcome to the Prozian community.

Another tip on the choice of the forum for your questions/postings. For each type of topic there\'s a specific forum.

This one for example is the Dutch forum.

It\'s supposed to be for messages in Dutch.

Ik kan me voorstellen dat het even wennen is met al die verschillende fora, om de meest geschikte eruit te kiezen.

Groeten en succes!

Leo

Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

etiquette?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »