Has anyone purchased Translation Office 3000?
Thread poster: Angelica Portales
Angelica Portales
Angelica Portales  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 25, 2002

I purchased this management software two days ago, and I was supposed to receive an unlock key file via e-mail, but have received none so far.

Their website (www.translation3000.com) states that \"E-mail with your unique encrypted private key will be sent to you within 24 hours.\"

They\'re not answering my e-mail inquiries, and I can\'t help to feel a bit anxious.
... See more
I purchased this management software two days ago, and I was supposed to receive an unlock key file via e-mail, but have received none so far.

Their website (www.translation3000.com) states that \"E-mail with your unique encrypted private key will be sent to you within 24 hours.\"

They\'re not answering my e-mail inquiries, and I can\'t help to feel a bit anxious. The software is marketed by Advanced International Translations in Latvia. I can\'t find contact information other than their e-mail address.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thank you all,

Angélica Portales
Collapse

Magno
Magno  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
Where is Latvia? Jul 26, 2002

I am sorry, I don\'t know where Latvia is. I am thinking that perhaps someone from there could help you...

Scott Li
Scott Li  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 15:17
Member (2005)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Translation Office 3000 Jul 26, 2002

They are ok. Perhaps some delay in e-mail only.

For Latvia, pls refer to following link:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/destinations/europe/latvia/

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I contacted them successfully once a few months ago... Jul 26, 2002

Hi,

I was curious about that product and had downloaded the trial version a few months ago to see what it was like.

I remember sending them a suggestion for their product (there is a place on their trial program to click on if you want to send them suggestions... If you run the program, it\'s in the same area where you would select to purchase the product I think.

I remember getting a reply from them by using that function (suggesti
... See more
Hi,

I was curious about that product and had downloaded the trial version a few months ago to see what it was like.

I remember sending them a suggestion for their product (there is a place on their trial program to click on if you want to send them suggestions... If you run the program, it\'s in the same area where you would select to purchase the product I think.

I remember getting a reply from them by using that function (suggestion). I did not purchase that product in the end, and the version I have is no longer functional so I can\'t give you the exact email address I used to get a hold of them.

I actually found a better product btw, it is called Translation Office Manager 4.0, which has been recently made available in an English version at:

http://www.jovo-soft.de/tom_en.html

I\'m still playing around with this one to see what it has to offer, but I find that my own way of working and setting up clients, files etc.... is free and is very well organized as it is, so why pay to get a program, which basically does what I personally do very quickly (manually).

So, I don\'t know if you can contact them via that *suggestion* email within the program (if that email address is different)...

I have heard someone else mentioning that they were using this product and they did not seem to have any such difficulties.

I\'m sorry I don\'t have any more information...

Regards,

Nathalie
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:17
English to German
+ ...
Latvia is one of the Baltic states... Jul 26, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-07-26 00:54, Magno wrote:

I am sorry, I don\'t know where Latvia is. I am thinking that perhaps someone from there could help you...

Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia are the three Baltic states - formerly part of the Soviet Union. They are situated on the eastern shore of the Baltic Sea, north-east of Poland and south of Finland.

HTH ... See more
Quote:

On 2002-07-26 00:54, Magno wrote:

Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia are the three Baltic states - formerly part of the Soviet Union. They are situated on the eastern shore of the Baltic Sea, north-east of Poland and south of Finland.

HTH Collapse

Angelica Portales
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you everyone Jul 26, 2002

I guess I\'ll have to wait and see!

Regards,

Angelica Portales

Magno
Magno  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thank you Ralf! Jul 26, 2002

Thank you so much!

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 10:17
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Re: Where is Latvia? Jul 27, 2002

It is just near Lithuania. Where is Lithuania?

Well, once being in Paris I told one pretty girl that I was from Lithuania.

She was very happy about it and said: - Oh, really? It\'s so far away from here but I do know where it is: it\'s somewhere on the Mongolian border!

With all the best wishes from Central Asia,

Chingiz \'Nikita\' Khan

KITTY B
KITTY B  Identity Verified
United States
English to Latvian
Sorry... Jul 28, 2002

Dear Angelica

I did not find that company in Latvian yellow pages. I have never heard of it.

Sincerely,

Kitty B., Latvian translator

Angelica Portales
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Follow up Jul 29, 2002

This morning I finally received the unlock file and apologies for the delay. Apparently, they are moving to new offices. So, everything is right now.

Thank you everyone for your help!!

Warm regards,

Angélica Portales

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has anyone purchased Translation Office 3000?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »