Maurice Koopman
Maurice Koopman  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:37
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 22, 2011

Dear translators,

who can help with the following problem?

I send a CWU file to a colleague who is helping me out. When I start to work on a project for this customer, I open Across, go to Retrieve tasks, select the CWU file and start. However the colleagea translator doesn't have the Retrieve task option on his Across start screen. What is he supposed to do to import the CWU file that I sent him so that he can open it?

Thank you very much for responses.... See more
Dear translators,

who can help with the following problem?

I send a CWU file to a colleague who is helping me out. When I start to work on a project for this customer, I open Across, go to Retrieve tasks, select the CWU file and start. However the colleagea translator doesn't have the Retrieve task option on his Across start screen. What is he supposed to do to import the CWU file that I sent him so that he can open it?

Thank you very much for responses.

Best regards,

Maurice
Collapse

AAV
AAV
Local time: 04:37
He needs CAP file Jun 23, 2011

Personal edition can work in 2 modes - as Offline Client for server (for this you need CAP file and CWU from your customer), and as separate translation environment, where you can translate your own files (but you are not able to import tasks from servers).
This two parts are completely separated.
So looks like you haven't provided CAP file to colleague, and he tries to work in second mode.

Please also note, that you can't work on the same CWU simultaneously - one of you
... See more
Personal edition can work in 2 modes - as Offline Client for server (for this you need CAP file and CWU from your customer), and as separate translation environment, where you can translate your own files (but you are not able to import tasks from servers).
This two parts are completely separated.
So looks like you haven't provided CAP file to colleague, and he tries to work in second mode.

Please also note, that you can't work on the same CWU simultaneously - one of your responses (CRU) will overwrite all changes of another, when imported into server.
Collapse

Åsa Campbell
Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 07:07
English to Swedish
AAV is right Jun 23, 2011

It is not possible to pass a job on to another translator if the job was assigned to you by your client and you retrieved it from their server using Retrieve task.

You can only send jobs on that you have created yourself in the Standalone version of Across.

Asa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

importing a cwu

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »