How to convert Wordfast's .txlf to Trados's .sdlxliff?
Thread poster: Chloe (X)
Chloe (X)
Chloe (X)
France
Local time: 16:18
English to French
+ ...
Nov 6, 2018

Hi all,

I'm using Wordfast 5.6.0. and am now working with a new client using Trados. Since they're asking for Trados .sdlxiff format, how can I convert my final .txlf file to .sdlxiff?

Note1: I created my .txlf from the client's source Word file.
Note2: I don't have any problem converting the TMs (I'm using Trados Studio Resource Converter), just the .txlf itself.

Thanks!

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:18
English to French
+ ...
Get the sdlxliff Nov 6, 2018

Chloe Genest-Brunetta wrote:

Hi all,

I'm using Wordfast 5.6.0. and am now working with a new client using Trados. Since they're asking for Trados .sdlxiff format, how can I convert my final .txlf file to .sdlxiff?

Note1: I created my .txlf from the client's source Word file.
Note2: I don't have any problem converting the TMs (I'm using Trados Studio Resource Converter), just the .txlf itself.

Thanks!

Hi Chloe,

There is a simple way for doing this:
If the client asks for handling jobs in sdlxliff, have them send you the sdlxiff, they should be used to it. Your workflow should look like this:
1/The client loads the files in Trados and export an sdlxliff that they send you
2/a_You receive the sdlxliff and add it to an existing project.
2/b_You create a new project and add the sdlxliff
2/c_They send you a trados package, you import it as described here: https://youtu.be/bZTs6V7QwSc
3/Translate
4/Export the file, it will be exported as an sdlxliff
5/send it to the client, they can import it back

This is the preferred method beacuse it is very difficult (if not impossible) To convert proprietary xliff formats in other proprietary xliff formats.

Hope this helps

Samuel Murray

Chloe (X)
Chloe (X)
France
Local time: 16:18
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will do Nov 6, 2018

Hi Fi2 n Co,

Thank you, yes it does. I will make sure the client sends .sdlxliff with the source files from now on (or trados package). It should be no problem.

Best,

Philippe Locquet

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert Wordfast's .txlf to Trados's .sdlxliff?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »