投稿者: Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 04:38
ポルトガル語 から 英語
+ ...
Aug 3, 2014

When I import a PTpt file to translate in WF, it automatically gets a ''! ID Portuguese (Brazil)'' in the first line. How is that possible and how can I change this, as my TM is PTpt, of course, and so I can't use it for this file.

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
スペイン
Local time: 05:38
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
Project Aug 3, 2014

The project settings determine the language codes, so in theory if you can are getting a Brazil code in the txml file it's because you are working with a Brazil project.

I would suggest creating a new project using PTpt

Diana Coada (X)
英国
ポルトガル語 から 英語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope :( Aug 3, 2014

In this case, I open the file by using File>Open instead of creating a project.

Alex Lago
スペイン
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
That's the problem Aug 3, 2014

Diana Coada, PGDip DPSI NRPSI wrote:

In this case, I open the file by using File>Open instead of creating a project.

But you see that's the problem for some reason the project you are working on has Brazilian as the language, you just need to create another project that matches the language codes on your TM.

If not you can change the codes on the file, just open the txlml file with wordpad or notepad and look for "locale=", this should be very close to the start of the file, after locale there will be some language codes in between quote marks say locale="PT-BR" so you need to change the code in between the quote marks to the quote that matches your TM (PT-PT or just PT) and save the file. However as soon as you do this next time you open the file it will open up a new project, a project that matches the language codes of the txml, so in the end it's just easier to open a new project from the start and create the file there.

Diana Coada (X)
英国
ポルトガル語 から 英語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, you're right Aug 4, 2014

Thank you, Alex, I was looking for a way to handle everything in WF, I always forget about Notepad... Everything is fine now

Cheers!

Alex Lago
スペイン
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
Great Aug 4, 2014

Glad I could help

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to change file ID in Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »