Attachments don't appear in Outlook Express 6
Thread poster: linadia
linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 20, 2004

Hello all,

I was sent a Word file attachment but didn't appear in OE 6. There was another image file attached to the same message and this appeared OK.

Can anyone tell me what to do to fix this problem?

Thank you all in advance.

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:15
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Security setting Jul 20, 2004

Hi.

Is the security setting for your internet zones high?

If so, Click on the FORWARD button for that message and the attachments would appear.

Hope this helps.

Rahi

Mathew Robinson
Mathew Robinson
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:15
English
Tools/Options/Security Jul 20, 2004

Go to:

Tools
Options
Security

then uncheck the box for:

"Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Aha! Jul 20, 2004

Thanks a lot, Techtrans

Had exactly the same problem since a major upgrade a few days back but no time to follow it through yet. (I found the interim solution was to have people zip files to me)

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Aha! Jul 20, 2004

Thanks a lot, Techtrans

Had exactly the same problem since a major upgrade a few days back but no time to follow it through yet. (I found the interim solution was to have people zip files to me)

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Forward didn't work Jul 22, 2004

Rahi Moosavi wrote:

Hi.

Is the security setting for your internet zones high?

If so, Click on the FORWARD button for that message and the attachments would appear.

Hope this helps.

Rahi

Hi Rahi and thank you for your reply

I did that but it didn't work.
However I forwarded the message to another e-mail client and saved the file.

Best regards
nadia

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tools/security worked with other messages but not this one Jul 22, 2004

TechTrans wrote:

Go to:

Tools
Options
Security

then uncheck the box for:

"Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

Thank you for the tip. it worked fine, but not with this message, maybe there's something wrong with the message attachment itself.

nadia

Mathew Robinson
Mathew Robinson
United Kingdom
English
Executable Files Jul 26, 2004

Outlook will not allow access to any kind of executable file regardless of what security settings you have. This includes .EXE .COM .BAT .PIF .SCR - was the attachment in question a self-extracting zip (.exe) or an installation file for a program?

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It was a doc file Jul 26, 2004

TechTrans wrote:

Outlook will not allow access to any kind of executable file regardless of what security settings you have. This includes .EXE .COM .BAT .PIF .SCR - was the attachment in question a self-extracting zip (.exe) or an installation file for a program?

Actually it was a Word file. I'm not sure what was wrong with this attachment in particular, but it wouldn't open in OE, so I moved it to Incredimail and I could easily open and save the file.

Thanks for the information

Best regards

nadia

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 17:15
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Your attachment Jul 29, 2004

What you have to do is to close the program and restart it after changing the security option.

linadia wrote:

Actually it was a Word file. I'm not sure what was wrong with this attachment in particular, but it wouldn't open in OE, so I moved it to Incredimail and I could easily open and save the file.

Thanks for the information

Best regards

nadia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Attachments don't appear in Outlook Express 6

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »