PARS/U 3.0 Deluxe English Ukrainian translation tool
Thread poster: Inna (X)
Inna (X)
Inna (X)
Local time: 14:40
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 2, 2004

Has anybody used this translation tool PARS/U?
If Yes, I need the feedback, pls.

Regards,
Inna Mutalik

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:10
English to Czech
PARS can be used witfh Wordfast in file mode Apr 2, 2004

I tested PARS/U and PARS/P for translating DOC and RFT successfully EN-PL, PL-EM or EN-UA, UA-EN.
Regards,
Milan
www.condak.cz

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:10
English to Czech
Comment to PARS/U Apr 4, 2004

Hallo,

nobody use PARS? Wordfast is CAT that can use external Machine Translator in MS-Word.

Essential is, that menu of MT must be placed in MS-Word menu and application (MT) is "invisible".

The work with Wordfast is the same as with Trados in MS-Word.

There are two sort of MT - for the work with opened segments (sentences) and for pre-translating of the file.

Wordfast use for translating Translation Memory (TM), if is found no mat
... See more
Hallo,

nobody use PARS? Wordfast is CAT that can use external Machine Translator in MS-Word.

Essential is, that menu of MT must be placed in MS-Word menu and application (MT) is "invisible".

The work with Wordfast is the same as with Trados in MS-Word.

There are two sort of MT - for the work with opened segments (sentences) and for pre-translating of the file.

Wordfast use for translating Translation Memory (TM), if is found no match, Wordfast send segment (sentence) to PARS and put translated sentence to target segment.

If I have empty TM, I can earn segmented pretranslated document (UA-EN).
By translationg session I can correct (revize) target segment in Czech and save as UA-CS translation memory.

Spellchecking in MS-Word is activated on Czech language as target language.

Interesting readers can write me direct through my profil (I must write here more).

Moderator of the group stopped my first e-mail, because the link in postig to personal sites are not allowed. Links can be only on personal site or jobs.

For each language pair has PARS standalone program for maintaining dictionary. For one direction of translation can be activated more dictionaries and their priorities. One dictionary can be set for automatic inserting of untranslated words. After adding translation to these words can user merge dictionary to another dictionary of the same topic.

Trados user can translate such segmented and pretranslated document as usual.

Regards,
Milan Condak
Czech Republic
Wordfast trainer
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PARS/U 3.0 Deluxe English Ukrainian translation tool

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »