missing Multiterm entries
Thread poster: Jane Ashford (X)
Jane Ashford (X)
Jane Ashford (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 28, 2006

I think I'm probably doing something very basic wrong, but I'm having problems with entries in Multiterm 7.0. For many of the entries I've made (but not all), only one term is displayed, even though I've added two. i.e. I add a term in English, the Spanish equivalent, and save the entry. The Spanish (for example) term just disappears! Even if I go back and re-enter and save it again, the same happens. Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong? Any advice would be gratefully received...Thank... See more
I think I'm probably doing something very basic wrong, but I'm having problems with entries in Multiterm 7.0. For many of the entries I've made (but not all), only one term is displayed, even though I've added two. i.e. I add a term in English, the Spanish equivalent, and save the entry. The Spanish (for example) term just disappears! Even if I go back and re-enter and save it again, the same happens. Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong? Any advice would be gratefully received...Thank you!Collapse

Ulrike Kraemer
Ulrike Kraemer
Germany
Local time: 01:52
English to German
+ ...
Same problem here... Feb 28, 2006

Hi Janey,

I'm having exactly the same problem but haven't bothered to look into it yet because I can't find the time. I use MultiTerm 7.0 on a Windows XP Pro machine with Office 2000.
You can "avoid" the problem by entering terms via the MultiTerm toolbar in Word, but obviously that's not a "permanent" solution.

Hope somebody else can help (you and me).

Kind regards,
LB

Heike Steffens
Heike Steffens  Identity Verified
Italian to German
+ ...
Might be caused by regional language settings Feb 28, 2006

Hi,
maybe the problem has been caused during conversion of the prior MT-version to MT7. I had the problem with the regional settings for English (which I thougt were UK, but had miraculously changed into US).
If the input model requires defined regional settings (for Spanish there are severeal possibilities, too, aren't there?) you could try to adapt them to the overall MT-definitions.

I have also noted that, when I define a new input model, activate it and want to ent
... See more
Hi,
maybe the problem has been caused during conversion of the prior MT-version to MT7. I had the problem with the regional settings for English (which I thougt were UK, but had miraculously changed into US).
If the input model requires defined regional settings (for Spanish there are severeal possibilities, too, aren't there?) you could try to adapt them to the overall MT-definitions.

I have also noted that, when I define a new input model, activate it and want to enter a term, MT refuses that entry with an error message. The only thing to stop this is closing the actual MT-project, re-open it and start again. Then it works.

I don't know whether this could solve you problems - it's just trying to help.

Best regards
Heike
Collapse

Jane Ashford (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no luck so far... Feb 28, 2006

Thanks LB and Heike for your suggestions. I've tried these though and sadly my entries are still disappearing...
Does anyone else have experience of this problem? Thank you!

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
Just curious... Feb 28, 2006

... whether it is the first time that you use MT and this problems appears or you used to work without such problems so far.

Ulrike Kraemer
Ulrike Kraemer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
As for me... Feb 28, 2006

I work with MT 7.0 since November 2005 (bought a full version of Trados Freelance 7 in October 2005), so it's definitely not a problem with upgrading. I have had this problem right from the start, and my language pairs are German >> UK English.

Jane Ashford (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Me too Mar 2, 2006

I've also had this problem from when I started using MT. I've never had any previous version, so it's not an upgrade problem...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

missing Multiterm entries

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »