Suggestion to show more information in list of KudoZ questions (staff: 'done, thanks')
Thread poster: gianfranco
gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:15
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 2, 2001

I suggest to implement a new information on the KudoZ listing.

Currently there are 4 columns

1. Time (California)

2. Languages

3. Term

4. No. of answer (or Closed status)

I suggest to add in column 2, next to the language pair, the subject field of the question.

For example:

English-Italian (Medical)

English-Italian (Other)

The space required could
... See more
I suggest to implement a new information on the KudoZ listing.

Currently there are 4 columns

1. Time (California)

2. Languages

3. Term

4. No. of answer (or Closed status)

I suggest to add in column 2, next to the language pair, the subject field of the question.

For example:

English-Italian (Medical)

English-Italian (Other)

The space required could be taken away from the third column, currently very large and mostly unused.
Collapse

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:15
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done! thank you Nov 15, 2001

I think that the list is more informative now.

Thank you

Gianfranco

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 14:15
SITE FOUNDER
Thanks. I also added a form field for more detailed subject area. Nov 15, 2001

In implementing your suggestion, I also added an option for askers to specify in more detail the subject area or areas of their KudoZ term question.

This may be of limited usefulness initially, but I would encourage people to take the extra time to accurately classify each term request with two or three specific subject areas. For example, the term \"alternator\", now filed under the broad topic \"tech/engineering\" could be further classified as a member of the subsets \"au
... See more
In implementing your suggestion, I also added an option for askers to specify in more detail the subject area or areas of their KudoZ term question.

This may be of limited usefulness initially, but I would encourage people to take the extra time to accurately classify each term request with two or three specific subject areas. For example, the term \"alternator\", now filed under the broad topic \"tech/engineering\" could be further classified as a member of the subsets \"automotive,electronics\" (field names should be separated by commas.)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion to show more information in list of KudoZ questions (staff: 'done, thanks')

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »