Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 10:04
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 15, 2006

Hi all,

once again I'm not receiving emails on my proz-hosted webmail!

I configured it for OE, but although I tried to check it from the webmail, I couldn't: I have the following message:

ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"
Reason Given: Unable to open this mailbox.

I've already posted a support ticket.

Why???

Thx

b4n

[Edited at 2006-09-15 10:49]

Christian Werner-Meier
Christian Werner-Meier  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
Maybe the problem is on the local computer Sep 15, 2006

Hi Francesca

Maybe you should try to open another free e-mail account on the web, and try to pull this.

OE stores mails in a file somewhere below "My Documents". You can see the path, if you right click on your Inbox, and open the Properties. Check if the Inbox file is in the right place, and that you have sufficient access rights for this file.

This is just a guess, the problem could well be somewhere else.

Best regards
Christian

Laura Iovanna
Laura Iovanna
English to Italian
+ ...
problems also for me! Sep 15, 2006

Hello!
I am experiencing many problems as well with the email and the hosting... I have sent 2 support tickets, never got an answer.

Look at this address: mail.lauraiovanna.my.proz.com

This is supposed to be my email address and someone uploaded his own pictures on it... I have no idea of what is going on!

Good luck!
Laura

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
poor thing Sep 15, 2006

Laura Iovanna wrote:

Hello!
I am experiencing many problems as well with the email and the hosting... I have sent 2 support tickets, never got an answer.

This is supposed to be my email address and someone uploaded his own pictures on it... I have no idea of what is going on!

Good luck!
Laura

Hope someone "up there" will be soon fixing this mess!
Ciao triestina!

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks, but Sep 15, 2006

Christian Werner-Meier wrote:

Hi Francesca

Maybe you should try to open another free e-mail account on the web, and try to pull this.

OE stores mails in a file somewhere below "My Documents". You can see the path, if you right click on your Inbox, and open the Properties. Check if the Inbox file is in the right place, and that you have sufficient access rights for this file.

This is just a guess, the problem could well be somewhere else.

Best regards
Christian

that's not the solution. I get the message

ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"
Reason Given: Unable to open this mailbox.

on my 3 proz hosted email addresses. I access to 2 of them through webmail and to 1 through OE.

Laura Iovanna
Laura Iovanna
English to Italian
+ ...
problem solved for me... Sep 15, 2006

Francesca Moletta wrote:

Laura Iovanna wrote:

Hello!

Good luck!
Laura

Hope someone "up there" will be soon fixing this mess!
Ciao triestina!

Ciao Triestina (by the way... do you think we have met at school?)!
After more than 1 month the problem of the pictures shown in my website was solved! Photos are no longer there! I found out in another thread posted today that many people were experiencing the same problem... therefore after so many complaints someone "up there" did something quickly!

I hope you will solve your problem as well!
Laura

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 04:04
English
Problems here regarding hosting should be fixed now Sep 16, 2006

Hi Laura,

The problem you described was caused by no actual website being at the URL you were trying to access (since it was not your specifc website URL). The default page for a 'no website here' error was incorrectly configured, and this problem was fixed yesterday by Jason. Please contact me directly via profile mail if you experience any more problems related to this.

Hi Francesca,

Your mail account drove your account over the 100 MB maximum space quota
... See more
Hi Laura,

The problem you described was caused by no actual website being at the URL you were trying to access (since it was not your specifc website URL). The default page for a 'no website here' error was incorrectly configured, and this problem was fixed yesterday by Jason. Please contact me directly via profile mail if you experience any more problems related to this.

Hi Francesca,

Your mail account drove your account over the 100 MB maximum space quota for your hosting account. I temporarily increased your quota, and you should be able to now login to SquirrelMail and delete or backup your old mails causing you to go over quota.

Let me know if you all have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Justin
Collapse

Elizabeth Sánchez León
Elizabeth Sánchez León  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem here Sep 18, 2006

I have the same problem:

ERROR:
ERROR: No se pudo completar la solicitud.
Consulta: SELECT "INBOX"
Razón dada: Unable to open this mailbox.

Is it due because I have reached the limit? How can I empty my account?

Regards.

Elizabeth

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 04:04
English
Hi Elizabeth! Same cause for your problem... Sep 18, 2006

Hi Elizabeth,

Is it due because I have reached the limit?

Yes, that is the reason you are receiving the specified error.

How can I empty my account?

I have temporarily increased your quota to 125 MB, so you can get into your email account as normal. It looks like you are using IMAP, if so, please just backup/delete some of your older emails. About 60 MB is being used by your website content, while the other 40 MB is being used by your mail accounts.

Let me know if you have any other quesitons, or need clairification on anything I mentioned.

Best regards,
Justin

Elizabeth Sánchez León
Elizabeth Sánchez León  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Sep 19, 2006

Thanks, Justin.

I have emptied the account.

Regards.

Elizabeth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

not receiving e-mails

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »