Directories>My Ranking> Why not the whole list to see?
Thread poster: Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:48
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Feb 13, 2010

Hello everybody!

A couple of months ago somebody made me aware of the feature "My Ranking". (Directories > My ranking > "Where do I appear in the directory?")

Why does not appear the whole list (up to acertain number of persons), like on "Leaders" (Kudoz > Leaders)? I don't understand why is this kept so secret. Is there any special reason? Will this be changed in the future?
Thank you very much!

My best wishes, under the snow!

Hel
... See more
Hello everybody!

A couple of months ago somebody made me aware of the feature "My Ranking". (Directories > My ranking > "Where do I appear in the directory?")

Why does not appear the whole list (up to acertain number of persons), like on "Leaders" (Kudoz > Leaders)? I don't understand why is this kept so secret. Is there any special reason? Will this be changed in the future?
Thank you very much!

My best wishes, under the snow!

Helena
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
A complete list of service providers is available to anyone in the directory Feb 13, 2010

Hello Helena,

Please note that the My directory ranking section has been designed to show users their current rank in the directory as well as information on what it would be if they earned more KudoZ points in a pair - field combination.

For a complete list of service providers available in a given language pair and a specific field, you
... See more
Hello Helena,

Please note that the My directory ranking section has been designed to show users their current rank in the directory as well as information on what it would be if they earned more KudoZ points in a pair - field combination.

For a complete list of service providers available in a given language pair and a specific field, you should search The directory.

Hope this helps.

Have a great weekend!

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:48
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thank you Lucia Feb 13, 2010

Hello Lucia,

thank you very much for your quick reply.
In fact, I knew already what you say.

It was ment as a suggestion to show the entire ranking, similar to the "leaders"-section in Kudoz. I personally see no much sense on saying "you are the 89th." on a kudoz-list of "animal husbandry" if I don't know who I am competing with...

I wish you too a gorgeous weekend!

My best wishes,
Helena

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:48
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
If you want to see who you are competing with you can always use directory Feb 14, 2010

and choose particular field - for instance agriculture See more
and choose particular field - for instance agriculture http://www.proz.com/translator-directory/?sp=directory&to=esl&from=deu&specific=3&native=na&type=na&country=®ion_list=na&city_list=na&cred=na&software=na&avail=na&keyword=&expertise=working&location=&sdl_trados_cert_level=na&sdlx_cert_level=na&field=specific3&wwa=na&complete_profile=na&profile_last_updated=any&mode=view&orderby=kudoz&direction=DESC&numplat=64&numnonplat=167&nshow=25&start=64

(as you are not a member you need to remember to click on XXX total results): Alternatively you can use Kudoz Leaders, choose particular specialization and than look at the column "all time".

Best Regards
Stanislaw
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
The "My directory ranking" feature is focused on individual site users Feb 15, 2010

Hi Helena and Stanislaw,

I am afraid that, unlike the KudoZ leaders board, which has been created to provide information on KudoZ point holders in general, the purpose of "My directory ranking" is to provide information on the individual position being occupied in the directory and the number of KudoZ points needed to reach a better position.

For this reason, adding a list of other site members would not fit the purpose of the "My directory ranking" feature as it would
... See more
Hi Helena and Stanislaw,

I am afraid that, unlike the KudoZ leaders board, which has been created to provide information on KudoZ point holders in general, the purpose of "My directory ranking" is to provide information on the individual position being occupied in the directory and the number of KudoZ points needed to reach a better position.

For this reason, adding a list of other site members would not fit the purpose of the "My directory ranking" feature as it would no longer be focused on individual users but on a group of them in a given language pair and field, just as the directory.

Hope this clarifies.

Have an excellent week start!

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 00:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
ditto Feb 15, 2010

Lucia wrote:

Hi Helena and Stanislaw,

For this reason, adding a list of other site members would not fit the purpose of the "My directory ranking" feature as it would no longer be focused on individual users but on a group of them in a given language pair and field, just as the directory.

Hope this clarifies.

Have an excellent week start!

Kind regards,

Lucia

I agree with Lucia.

Best,

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Directories>My Ranking> Why not the whole list to see?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »