Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: What do you like most about being a freelance translator?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Gianluca Marras
Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:35
English to Italian
The job Nov 17, 2015

AT the moment, being a freelance translator in Italy is not exactly as enjoyable as it could/should be.

So I just enjoy my job... I would enjoy all the other aspects if I could live in a different country

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Let's switch… Nov 17, 2015

Gianluca Marras wrote:

AT the moment, being a freelance translator in Italy is not exactly as enjoyable as it could/should be.

So I just enjoy my job... I would enjoy all the other aspects if I could live in a different country

…cities! My own town (not my hometown) is as humdrum as can be. Midwesterners in America are painfully conservative (read: they have little imagination). Considering that the wave of big band jazz in the 30s-40s barely made a dent in the Cleveland area (where I live), you can imagine what I'm saying.

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
My option was not in the poll Nov 17, 2015

…so I chose Other.

Other meaning: a combination of the above; the extra time to respond to Proz polls; being a know-it-all when answering Proz polls.

Chris, things ain't any better at the American Translators Association's LinkedIn group. Although a moderator prevents discussions from getting too chaotic, now we have to be very politically correct (a trait which I do not possess).
... See more
…so I chose Other.

Other meaning: a combination of the above; the extra time to respond to Proz polls; being a know-it-all when answering Proz polls.

Chris, things ain't any better at the American Translators Association's LinkedIn group. Although a moderator prevents discussions from getting too chaotic, now we have to be very politically correct (a trait which I do not possess). Consequently, people have to congratulate each other effusively, keep quiet, or speak in generalities (and generalizations) when complaining or criticizing.
Collapse

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:35
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Exactly, Mario. Nov 20, 2015

Mario Chavez wrote:

…so I chose Other.

Other meaning: a combination of the above;

Same here...

[Edited at 2015-11-20 00:42 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-11-20 00:42 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What do you like most about being a freelance translator?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »