Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you advertise your business on social media?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:22
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Not only useless, but also negative Jul 3, 2015

I did it for a while. Till I realized people are in the social networks to criticize others more than anything else.

I also advertized my book in the social networks. Results: Zero translation jobs and zero books sold, although I got thousands of "likes" and comments. However, the "trolls" soon attacked my announcements, which I should have expected, as they are everywhere.

The truth is, social networks are a huge waste of time, a humongous BULL SH(*)T. I currently exc
... See more
I did it for a while. Till I realized people are in the social networks to criticize others more than anything else.

I also advertized my book in the social networks. Results: Zero translation jobs and zero books sold, although I got thousands of "likes" and comments. However, the "trolls" soon attacked my announcements, which I should have expected, as they are everywhere.

The truth is, social networks are a huge waste of time, a humongous BULL SH(*)T. I currently excluded Whatsapp from my mobile, and all other similar sites from my PC. I only kept Facebook, where I enter for, like, 15 minutes per week, at the most, only to see my own translator's page, and that's it. And believe me, I am a lot happier taht way; I have a lot of time left in my day; and I sleep well every day. It was an uncontestable achievement and a great RELIEF in my life.

My advice is: Do not waste your time in these networks. That is absolutely ALL they offer you.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you advertise your business on social media?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »