Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Poll: What percentage of your projects require the use of CAT tools?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:05
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Zero - I'm more efficient without them Feb 12, 2011

I don't work for clients who "require" them, and I certainly don't "require" them myself. I
am faster and more accurate when I translate without looking at the screen or the keyboard.

Anthony Baldwin
Anthony Baldwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:05
Portuguese to English
+ ...
very few Feb 28, 2011

Very few of my projects "require" the use of a CAT too, but, still, I find myself using one on nearly 90% of the work I do, because I can, and it's more efficient.
This is especially true since the CAT tool that I use, OmegaT (http://www.omegat.org) creates a target document that mirrors the source in formatting, as identical as possible (given the variations in text length that translations entail), so, eve
... See more
Very few of my projects "require" the use of a CAT too, but, still, I find myself using one on nearly 90% of the work I do, because I can, and it's more efficient.
This is especially true since the CAT tool that I use, OmegaT (http://www.omegat.org) creates a target document that mirrors the source in formatting, as identical as possible (given the variations in text length that translations entail), so, even where there is not repetition involved, it still makes my job easier, and, it gives me a translation memory for future use, as well.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What percentage of your projects require the use of CAT tools?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »