tmx formats
Thread poster: vajtarget
vajtarget
vajtarget
Spain
Local time: 13:39
English to Spanish
Jun 4, 2012

Hello! I am a bit brand new user of Cat tools. I have some doubts in how to open a tmx file. Don't really know the programme I need. And how to use it. Thanks a lot.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Vaj Jun 4, 2012

vajtarget wrote more or less:
I am new to CAT tools. I don't know how to open a TMX file in OmegaT.

If you just want to see the contents of a TMX file, use Virtaal (not affiliated to OmegaT).

If you want to use the TMX file in OmegaT, simply create a new project from within OmegaT, which will create a project folder for you, and then copy the TMX file to the /tm/ subfolder or the /tm/auto/ subfolder of the newly created project folder.

Where did you get the TMX file?

vajtarget
vajtarget
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
tmx formats Jun 4, 2012

I might not have explain correctly what I want to know. I have a PC and when I create a final document in Omegat I don't have the programme to open it. There is a note that reads TMX file. Which programme do I need to open these files? Thanks for your quick answer.

lidija68
lidija68  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
final document Jun 5, 2012

I didn't quite understand what do you want to do with .tmx file. If you just want to see what is written there, you can open it with wordpad, notepad++ or similar.

Final document in OmegaT is usually placed in the folder "target", has an .odt extension and you can open it with Open Office.

- english is not my working language -

[Modificato alle 2012-06-05 08:37 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
No need to open the TMX file Jun 5, 2012

vajtarget wrote:
I might not have explain correctly what I want to know. I have a PC and when I create a final document in Omegat I don't have the programme to open it. There is a note that reads TMX file. Which programme do I need to open these files?

The translation is in the folder named /target/. The TMX file is not the translation.

What type of file did you translate (i.e. what format was your source file)?

vajtarget
vajtarget
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I got it at the end. Jun 5, 2012

Thanks so much. I was doing something wrong and I kept on opening some files I didn´t need to. Thanks to your advice I am on the right line again.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

tmx formats

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »