Thread poster: Terry Richards
Terry Richards
Terry Richards
France
Local time: 16:47
French to English
+ ...
Aug 27, 2014

I have a new version of my PowerPoint language changer utility available. It now handles ALL Office languages (not just US & UK English as it did before).

If anybody would like a copy, drop me an e-mail.

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Really useful -- thanks Terry! Aug 30, 2014

Thanks a lot, Terry, for this really useful little utility -- and most of all, for so generously sharing it with the rest of us!

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
A long-awaited feature Sep 1, 2014

Thank you Terry, this would be really helpful and it will make ppt jobs look more thorough and cleaner without spaghettis.

Philippe

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Help! Nov 4, 2014

Hi again Terry!

Thanks for sending me your utility; due to changing computers, I hadn't got round to installing it, but have just tried today, and so far, drawn a blank.

I found the directory where PPT looks for add-ins, and copied your utility into that directory, and I can see it when I try to 'Add new...' under 'Add-ins' — only it refuses to accept it

Is there a special procedure I nee
... See more
Hi again Terry!

Thanks for sending me your utility; due to changing computers, I hadn't got round to installing it, but have just tried today, and so far, drawn a blank.

I found the directory where PPT looks for add-ins, and copied your utility into that directory, and I can see it when I try to 'Add new...' under 'Add-ins' — only it refuses to accept it

Is there a special procedure I need to use?
Collapse

Terry Richards
Terry Richards
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What exactly is happening? Nov 5, 2014

This is the installation procedure for a clean install (which yours is, being a new computer). I suspect that point 2 is your problem...

1) Save the attached file anywhere

2) In some (later) versions you have to change your security level to allow unsigned add-ins.

3) In PowerPoint, got to Tools, Add-ins

4) Click "Add New"

5) Select the file you just saved (TRutilities.ppa)

5a) It should now be on you
... See more
This is the installation procedure for a clean install (which yours is, being a new computer). I suspect that point 2 is your problem...

1) Save the attached file anywhere

2) In some (later) versions you have to change your security level to allow unsigned add-ins.

3) In PowerPoint, got to Tools, Add-ins

4) Click "Add New"

5) Select the file you just saved (TRutilities.ppa)

5a) It should now be on your add-ins list - if there's no 'x' by it, select it and click "load".

6) A new toolbar should appear called "TRUtilities"

7) If you click on the new toolbar there are three choices - "US", "UK" and "Other Languages". The first two will set everything in the current document to US or UK English. The third option is the same but will ask you to select another language first.

8) The toolbar can be docked etc. just like any other pp toolbar.

9) It will load automatically every time you start pp.
Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Bingo! Thanks, Terry! Nov 5, 2014

Great, thanks ever so much!

That was exactly the problem — I didn't ralize that PPT also has its own macro security settings, and that's what was blocking everything.

All working fine now, and once again, thanks for this really useful little utility!

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:47
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
A quick summary? Nov 5, 2014

Terry Richards wrote:
I have a new version of my PowerPoint language changer utility available.

Terry, it's good to see people sharing the fruits of their technical expertise like this - thank you. For those of us (like myself) who didn't see the previous version, would be kind enough to briefly describe the problem that your utility resolves? I'm guessing formatting issues of some kind...?

Regards
Dan

Terry Richards
Terry Richards
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Changes the language - of everything Nov 5, 2014

In a nutshell, that's what it does.

The utility installs as a toolbar in PowerPoint. The latest version has two menu items that immediately change the language of the entire presentation to US or UK English and a third item that lets you pick any other available language. In all cases, it changes the language on EVERYTHING in the presentation that has a language attribute. This includes text boxes, notes pages, templates, etc.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My PowerPoint language changer

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »