Thread poster: Borana Moisiu
Borana Moisiu
Borana Moisiu
Albania
Local time: 07:32
English to Albanian
+ ...
Sep 30, 2003

A friend sent this to me. I think it is helpful to know about it.

Tip: Garlic's Healing Powers

Garlic is more than just a flavorful addition to food - it has medicinal properties as well. It has demonstrated antibacterial and antiviral properties and can stimulate the immune system. New studies suggest that it may thin the blood, lower blood pressure and even lower cholesterol. It's also effective when you feel a cold or bacterial infection coming on. Simply chop one or
... See more
A friend sent this to me. I think it is helpful to know about it.

Garlic is more than just a flavorful addition to food - it has medicinal properties as well. It has demonstrated antibacterial and antiviral properties and can stimulate the immune system. New studies suggest that it may thin the blood, lower blood pressure and even lower cholesterol. It's also effective when you feel a cold or bacterial infection coming on. Simply chop one or two cloves - raw or lightly cooked - into your food each day until you feel relief.

Usually, fresh garlic (Allium sativum) is preferable to supplements, since fresh garlic provides superior health benefits. When choosing garlic, look for fresh, plump bulbs that are firm to the touch, not soft. When cooking with garlic, let the sliced or chopped pieces sit for about three minutes before adding to your dishes, and always add it toward the end of the cooking process.

When stored in a cool, dark, dry place (such as a kitchen pantry), whole garlic heads can be stored up to two months.
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 01:32
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Excellent, Borana Sep 30, 2003

Having grown up in a "garlic household" I have been a lifelong fan.

Cheers!
Nancy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »