heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 21:08
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 21, 2013

I have been translating xlif files created in Wordbee.

No problem during the translation, but when I export the translation from MemoQ, I get the following error message on a number of segments:

Failed to export segment 42. memoQ left the target of this "trans-unit" element empty in the output.

The above segment doesn't contain any tags, but a comment: * x: "(1,1) TableParagraph"

Does anybody know what causes this error and whether there's a
... See more
I have been translating xlif files created in Wordbee.

No problem during the translation, but when I export the translation from MemoQ, I get the following error message on a number of segments:

Failed to export segment 42. memoQ left the target of this "trans-unit" element empty in the output.

The above segment doesn't contain any tags, but a comment: * x: "(1,1) TableParagraph"

Does anybody know what causes this error and whether there's a fix for this problem?

Thanks!

ETA: I opened the xlif file and it's actually the string above it with a couple of tags inside that has been left empty.

ETA2: I edited all the missing targets in the xlif file. Every single segment that had one or more internal tags didn't export.

I thought MemoQ was fully compatible with XLIF. Or could that be a problem with Wordbee?
BTW, I'm using MemoQ V6.5.

[Edited at 2013-11-21 19:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-11-21 22:46 GMT]
Collapse

Carl Carter
Carl Carter
Germany
Local time: 22:08
German to English
+ ...
Please contact Support at Kilgray Nov 22, 2013

Morning Heike,

If you haven't done so already, please get in touch with Support at Kilgray (by e-mail, for example) and send them the error message.

As far as I can tell, the problem has got something to do with the internal structure of the XLIFF file - the message you mention refers to a table, for instance. It's internal and text formatting that results in tags.

It won't help you now, I'm afraid, but if you run "pseudo-translation" next time you import f
... See more
Morning Heike,

If you haven't done so already, please get in touch with Support at Kilgray (by e-mail, for example) and send them the error message.

As far as I can tell, the problem has got something to do with the internal structure of the XLIFF file - the message you mention refers to a table, for instance. It's internal and text formatting that results in tags.

It won't help you now, I'm afraid, but if you run "pseudo-translation" next time you import files like this one and then try and export the "translated" file, you'll be able to see if there are any problems with the export before you even start translating the file properly (and can contact your customer for help).

Regards,

Carl
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent: Problem with export of xlif file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »