John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:47
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Aug 19, 2013

I am trying out memoQ and attempting to set up what would be called a "placeable" rule in WF. There are evidently "auto-translation" rules for numbers, with regexes that identify the numbers and replace commas with decimal points, etc. The numbers in the source text are bracketed with a blue underscore and pressing Ctrl brings up the list of source strings that match the search expressions.

So I have set up an auto-translate rule regex, /\b([A-Z][a-z]+)\b/, which correctly identifi
... See more
I am trying out memoQ and attempting to set up what would be called a "placeable" rule in WF. There are evidently "auto-translation" rules for numbers, with regexes that identify the numbers and replace commas with decimal points, etc. The numbers in the source text are bracketed with a blue underscore and pressing Ctrl brings up the list of source strings that match the search expressions.

So I have set up an auto-translate rule regex, /\b([A-Z][a-z]+)\b/, which correctly identifies proper nouns that start with a capital. But I can't find out how to have the proper noun strings in the source text that should be identified by the regex included with the underscored list. I have checked "Recognize terms, auto-translateables and non-translateables" in the AutoPick tab as well as "Always show AutoPick markers in the source text", but no luck.

Can someone shed some light on how to do this?

[Edited at 2013-08-19 19:47 GMT]
Collapse

Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 00:47
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
Works in 6.5.11 Aug 20, 2013

If it's any help, it works for me in 6.5.11 (the terms are both highlighted in green and underlined in blue -- available both in the resulats pane and in the AutoPick list). Double-check everything.

BTW, this regex is better:

(?<=[^<])\b(\p{Lt}|\p{Lu})\p{Ll}+\b

as it excludes the first word in a segment and includes upper-case national characters, that is words like Świnoujście or Ærøskøbing (city names).

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:47
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still doesn't work Nov 15, 2013

In the meanwhile, I have purchased memoQ 2013 and still haven't found how to make this work. Googling the problem just brought me back to my own question here. Can anyone help?

I have set the Auto-Translation rule as suggested, checked "Recognize terms, auto-translatables and non-translatables" in the AutoPick tab, Enabled AutoPick amd "Always show AutoPick markers in the source text", but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Placeables" in memoQ

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »