Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
ألمانيا
Local time: 00:58
أنجليزي إلى ألماني
+ ...
Jun 12, 2013

Dear all,
I wonder if you could help me with a MemoQ mini-crisis... I've been aligning for about the last 8 hours (no joke) and suddenly it crashed. No problem, I though, I've been "Saving All" regularly throughout. But when I open the Live Docs, the alignment of the segments is OK, but all of the (extensive) editing of the text is gone!!

Where did I do wrong?
Can I rescue my text edits somehow?

I'm working with MemoQ translator pro version 6.0.9.... See more
Dear all,
I wonder if you could help me with a MemoQ mini-crisis... I've been aligning for about the last 8 hours (no joke) and suddenly it crashed. No problem, I though, I've been "Saving All" regularly throughout. But when I open the Live Docs, the alignment of the segments is OK, but all of the (extensive) editing of the text is gone!!

Where did I do wrong?
Can I rescue my text edits somehow?

I'm working with MemoQ translator pro version 6.0.9.

With thanks in advance,

-Mike-
Collapse

Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
ألمانيا
Local time: 00:58
أنجليزي إلى ألماني
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Now I know... Jun 12, 2013

Just in case anybody else has this issue... don't forget to confirm your text edits with Ctrl+Enter. That's what I did wrong. Some (not all) of my text edits were lost, because "Save all" saves the alignment links, but not the text edits.
Other than that, this really is a good tool and an excellent alternative to the very dated SDL thingy.

With thanks to Chris from Textklick for this tip!!

-Mike-

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:58
ألماني إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
احياء لذكرى
Ah! Jun 12, 2013

With thanks to Chris from Textklick for this tip!!

-Mike-

Oh: now I see "where you were coming from". In fact you have provided me with an interesting pointer.

Thanks, Mike.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Crash during alignment :-(

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »