Looking for a script
Thread poster: Lagom
Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:26
Swedish to English
May 29, 2005

When designing a multi-lingual website either static or dynamic is there a script that loads the site index page in the default language of the browser?

For example someone in Germany uses their browser (in German by default) to open mysite.com then the index page downloaded would be in German. This would not be limited geographically but rather by the default language installation of the browser.

I was wondering whether such a script existed? possibly in PHP or similar
... See more
When designing a multi-lingual website either static or dynamic is there a script that loads the site index page in the default language of the browser?

For example someone in Germany uses their browser (in German by default) to open mysite.com then the index page downloaded would be in German. This would not be limited geographically but rather by the default language installation of the browser.

I was wondering whether such a script existed? possibly in PHP or similar?
Collapse

cuervito
cuervito
Local time: 03:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Language Redirect Jul 4, 2005

I found a link for you:

http://javascript.internet.com/user-details/language.html

you can go to hotscript.com and search for ip redicts and you will get a lot of entries!

Regards
cuervito

Xiangdong Zhuo
Xiangdong Zhuo
China
Local time: 10:26
English to Chinese
server side code can do Oct 31, 2005

I was wondering whether such a script existed? possibly in PHP or similar?

yes, it exists on the web server side to redirect to the proper index page based on language of client side. some server-side code can do this such as JSP,ASP,PHP. Javascript cannot because it is client side code.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a script

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »