Thread poster: Helene Diu
Cristián Bianchi-Bruna
Cristián Bianchi-Bruna  Identity Verified
Costa Rica
Local time: 11:13
Italian to English
+ ...
Home and Away -fortunately Dec 7, 2004

I have my office in a dedicated room at home with all the amenities, including a baby and a toddler, which means I can only work undisturbed in the wee hours of the morning (why is it that people undertand "going to work" but not "staying to work"?).

Fortunately, I am also developing a software suite in an incubator (similar setup), so lately I spend as much time there as I can. Hey! I love my kids, but I also love my sanity...

Helene Diu
Helene Diu  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:13
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Kids Dec 7, 2004

Cristián Bianchi-Bruna wrote:

Hey! I love my kids, but I also love my sanity...

So much wisdom in those few words......

Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:13
Member (2001)
English to French
+ ...
Coffee machine is some kind of paradise. Dec 8, 2004

Erika said :

My partner and I use a bedroom in our place for our office.

That’s sounds really French, indeed !

Pesonally, when I came to Barcelona (Spain) 6 years ago, I had to rent urgently a cheap place to live and I only found a very dark studio with no light.

Since tthat t
... See more
Erika said :

My partner and I use a bedroom in our place for our office.

That’s sounds really French, indeed !

Pesonally, when I came to Barcelona (Spain) 6 years ago, I had to rent urgently a cheap place to live and I only found a very dark studio with no light.

Since tthat time, I have been lucky enough to meet in Barcelona the wooman of my life and now we are living together in her place. I have kept my studio as “office” because it is located at 10 minutes by bus from the “Playa” (sea shore).

There is only one thing that I terribly miss : the coffee-machine and its “gossips”.
Collapse

Nina Khmielnitzky
Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:13
Member (2004)
English to French
In an office downtown during the day... Dec 14, 2004

Freelance at home on evenings and week-ends with my own dedicated office which I share with my future husband. We furnished all at IKEA and it's pretty cozy!

Nina

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where do YOU work?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »