Thread poster: Sormane Gomes
Sormane Gomes
Sormane Gomes
United States
Local time: 20:23
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jun 20, 2007

I happened to click on my profile today and noticed that the number of "Questions Answered" in my profile had dropped to almost half. I submitted a ticket and the answer that I received (prompt answer I might add; quite an improvement there) was that the 'Questions Answered' counter now only counts PRO questions.

I checked to see if this had been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything right away. So, forgive me if it has.

I don't understand why this has been cha
... See more
I happened to click on my profile today and noticed that the number of "Questions Answered" in my profile had dropped to almost half. I submitted a ticket and the answer that I received (prompt answer I might add; quite an improvement there) was that the 'Questions Answered' counter now only counts PRO questions.

I checked to see if this had been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything right away. So, forgive me if it has.

I don't understand why this has been changed. In my opinion, answers to non-pro questions demonstrate knowledge of the language, as well as a willingness to help other colleagues. At the very least, I think they both (pro and non-pro Questions Answered) should be displayed in the profile.

I wonder how the other members/contributors feel about this. Thanks!

[Edited at 2007-06-20 21:29]
Collapse

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:23
German to English
Questions answered Jun 20, 2007

Hi Sormane - My brain isn't working at full steam today, so I don't know if I understand what's going on either. But I think it has something to do with this thread.

http://www.proz.com/post/596296

Sormane Gomes
Sormane Gomes
United States
Local time: 20:23
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Kim. Jun 20, 2007

Kim Metzger wrote:

Hi Sormane - My brain isn't working at full steam today, so I don't know if I understand what's going on either. But I think it has something to do with this thread.

http://www.proz.com/post/596296

Thank you Kim. I see why it was done, but I still think they both (pro and non-pro Questions Answered) should be displayed in the profile.

Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:23
English to German
+ ...
Non-pro points Jun 20, 2007

Sormane Fitzgerald Gomes wrote:

... but I still think they both (pro and non-pro Questions Answered) should be displayed in the profile.

Hi Sormane!
They are still displayed in brackets under the tab "Point Totals".
Good to see you here!
johanna

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:23
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Distorted Pro/Non-Pro ratio Jun 21, 2007

I happened to click on my profile today and noticed that the number of "Questions Answered" in my profile had dropped to almost half.

Hi Sormane,

The fact that the number of questions answered that appear in your profile "dropped to almost half" strongly suggests that many of your "Non-Pro" questions actually belong in the Pro category. Some reclassification might be in order...

Steffen

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:23
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Non-PRO answers and KudoZ are still there... Jun 21, 2007

I think they both (pro and non-pro Questions Answered) should be displayed in the profile.

... but in your old profile, whilst before in the new profile we had counted only the number of answers to non-PRO-questions, but not the KudoZ, and the only reason of my post was to draw the attention of the staff to this incongruity.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Questions Answered' counter - Only PRO questions now

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »