Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:45
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Apr 21, 2010

Dear Members,

Participation in Glossary Building KudoZ is now possible for site users who have declared the reverse pair among the working pairs in their profiles.

For instance, translators having German to English among their working pairs will now be able to provide and select translations for GBK terms in the English to German pair if they have English or German as native language and they fulfil the requirements on fields of expertise.

Regards,
En
... See more
Dear Members,

Participation in Glossary Building KudoZ is now possible for site users who have declared the reverse pair among the working pairs in their profiles.

For instance, translators having German to English among their working pairs will now be able to provide and select translations for GBK terms in the English to German pair if they have English or German as native language and they fulfil the requirements on fields of expertise.

Regards,
Enrique
Collapse

Jenn Mercer
Jenn Mercer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:45
Member (2009)
French to English
Can we get only our working pair? Apr 22, 2010

I am a FR > EN translator and I had noticed that I was suddenly seeing EN > FR GBK requests. I would prefer not to see reverse requests. Is there any way to restrict this to only our working pair? I ended up hiding the GBK box entirely because I could not find anyway to disable just the EN > FR requests.

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 02:45
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
THANKS, Enrique! Apr 22, 2010

Right from the start, I hoped this was going to be an exciting and useful project.

Of course, I understood it had to be started up in a small way and expanded gradually. So I have been looking forward to joining in.

And now the day has come!

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
There are options to customize your KudoZ experience Apr 22, 2010

Jenn Mercer wrote:

I am a FR > EN translator and I had noticed that I was suddenly seeing EN > FR GBK requests. I would prefer not to see reverse requests. Is there any way to restrict this to only our working pair? I ended up hiding the GBK box entirely because I could not find anyway to disable just the EN > FR requests.

There are many options to customize your KudoZ notifications, in particular in the KudoZ dashboard.

The GBK terms are currently posted only in pairs having English as source language, so if you are only interested in the French to English pair it makes sense to hide the GBK homepage box.

Regards,
Enrique

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
FAQs on GBK Apr 22, 2010

Many site users may be in direct contact with the GBK feature for the first time. It is worth mentioning that there is a dedicated section in the Frequently Asked Questions area of the site.

Enrique

Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Germany
Local time: 02:45
German to English
+ ...
Looking forward to DE-EN requests :=) May 3, 2010

Enrique wrote:

Jenn Mercer wrote:

There are many options to customize your KudoZ notifications, in particular in the KudoZ dashboard.

The GBK terms are currently posted only in pairs having English as source language, so if you are only interested in the French to English pair it makes sense to hide the GBK homepage box.

Regards,
Enrique

Just like to record my interest: like Jenn, I'd love to help out into EN (from, in my case, German).

Also thx to Enrique again for handling my related support ticket quickly!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Participation in GBK now possible for translators working in the reverse pair

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »