Where can I find English-English Kudoz questions?
Thread poster: Jennifer Barnett
Jennifer Barnett
Jennifer Barnett  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:28
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Feb 10, 2010

Is there an Eng-Eng KudoZ forum? If so, where do I find it?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-02-10 20:29 GMT]

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:28
Italian to English
Here Feb 10, 2010

Hi Jennifer

You enter the source and target languages here: http://www.proz.com/kudoz/?&more_langs=y
(Incidentally, kudoZ pairs are not regarded as forums).
HTH

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:28
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Monolingual KudoZ questions? Or linguistics forum? Feb 10, 2010

Are you asking how to post monolingual (English-English) KudoZ questions, or are you asking about a forum to discuss English linguistics?
Monolingual KudoZ questions can be asked by setting both the source and target language fields to English on the question submission form.
English linguistics can be discussed in the Linguistics forum.
Does this answer your question?
Katalin

Jennifer Barnett
France
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to add KudoZ Eng-Eng to my notifications Feb 10, 2010

Thank you all for the help so far. I'm OK with searching for a term but can't find an overview of questions in order to browse. I suspect that doesn't exist.

Next problem is adding KudoZ Eng-Eng to my notifications. There doesn't seem to be a way to do that on my KudoZ settings page, or anywhere else I have looked. How should I do That?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Adding English (monolingual) to profile Feb 10, 2010

Hello Jennifer,

To be able to browse KudoZ questions in English to English and receive notifications for this language pair, simply report English (monolingual) as one of your working or interest languages.

To report English to English language pair or English (monolingual) language in your profile go to the "Languages" section of your Profile updater and select English as source and target language fro
... See more
Hello Jennifer,

To be able to browse KudoZ questions in English to English and receive notifications for this language pair, simply report English (monolingual) as one of your working or interest languages.

To report English to English language pair or English (monolingual) language in your profile go to the "Languages" section of your Profile updater and select English as source and target language from the "Add new language pair" drop-down menus. Select one or more services you offer in the new language pair being added and click on "Save and update profile" at the bottom of the page.

Once you have added English (monolingual) to your profile, just set your KudoZ notifications preferences here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Jennifer Barnett
France
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 11, 2010

Thank you Lucia and Katalin for your explanations. It is always simple once you find out. Sigh...

Best wishes,

Jennifer

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where can I find English-English Kudoz questions?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »