Thread poster: Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:41
Swedish to English
+ ...
Mar 26, 2008

I've got an ASUS laptop and last night I installed Windows speech recognition and fiddled about a bit. Must have set the keyboard up for using the central keys as a calculator. Which keys have pressed? And how do fix it? Only way I can "write" now is by holding the Fn key down.

've g6t an ASS 3a-t6- and 3ast n5ght 5nsta33ed W5nd6ws s-eech rec6gn5t56n and f5dd3ed ab64t a b5t, 04st have set the 2eyb6ard 4- f6r 4s5ng the centra3 2eys as a ca3c43at6r, Wh5ch 2eys have -ressed?
... See more
I've got an ASUS laptop and last night I installed Windows speech recognition and fiddled about a bit. Must have set the keyboard up for using the central keys as a calculator. Which keys have pressed? And how do fix it? Only way I can "write" now is by holding the Fn key down.

've g6t an ASS 3a-t6- and 3ast n5ght 5nsta33ed W5nd6ws s-eech rec6gn5t56n and f5dd3ed ab64t a b5t, 04st have set the 2eyb6ard 4- f6r 4s5ng the centra3 2eys as a ca3c43at6r, Wh5ch 2eys have -ressed? And h6w d6 f5x 5t? n3y way can "wr5te" n6w 5s by h63d5ng the Fn 2ey d6wn,

ade3e5ne
Collapse

heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Ireland
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Num Lk? Mar 26, 2008

Did you hit the Number Lock key by mistake? 5f d6 that, get the f6336w5ng res43ts,,,,

To translate the last sentence: If I do that, I get the following results...

United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but... Mar 26, 2008

Heike Behl, Ph.D. wrote:

Did you hit the Number Lock key by mistake?

Nope, I*ve already tried pressing that one to no avail. Also in various combinations of Ctrl/Alt/Shift,

United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted Mar 26, 2008

"Fn + Num LK" did the trick. Only, I'm sure I'd tried it a number of times with no success... Anyroads, now it worked.

Thanks again Heike for pointing me in the right direction.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help or he3-

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »