Spell check DVX/Word
Thread poster: Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:14
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 7, 2007

When I have an option checked to use Word's spell checking, does it mean that I cannot add my own words to any dictionary? unfortunately DVX has no Polish dictionary.

Piotr

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:14
English to German
+ ...
Yes, you can Jul 7, 2007

Piotr Sawiec wrote:
When I have an option checked to use Word's spell checking, does it mean that I cannot add my own words to any dictionary? unfortunately DVX has no Polish dictionary.
Piotr

By spell checking in DVX you can add your own words to the same dictionary which you are using in Word, and in another step you can add them to the DVX "Lexicon" (select terms and press F10), or to the DVX terminology database (select terms and press F11).

[Edited at 2007-07-07 17:44]

Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:14
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Add word does not work Aug 14, 2007

But the point is that when the option of Word' spell check is checked, I cannot add words, and when it was not checked, suddenly (with GB English), DVX started highlighting words like "for", "of" etc, giving suggestions in French!!! Strange

Piotr

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:14
English to German
+ ...
I never had that problem with any version or built of Déjà Vu Aug 14, 2007

Piotr Sawiec wrote:
Add word does not work

That's really strange. You should ask Atril about that.

Harry

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell check DVX/Word

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »