Importing Trados TMs into DejaVu - is it possible?
Thread poster: Jason Willis-Lee
Jason Willis-Lee
Jason Willis-Lee  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 25, 2005

Hello

I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience with importing Trados TM memories into DejaVu or at least taking advantage of them with the DVI interface? I'm considering buying DVI for myself which I have been using for some time in another office and would like to know if I can use a freelance client's Trados TM with the DVI interface and how to do this? Any advice would be much appreciated.

TIA.
Jason

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:15
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
TMX/TXT files Jan 25, 2005

DVX will import Trados TMs if they are saved as .txt files. *.tmx files can be imported as well however, you'll have to do some minor editing before importing them. You'll have a small loss due to different segmentation rules. Overall, it works just fine.

Louise Dupont (X)
Louise Dupont (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:15
English to French
Editing? Mar 9, 2005

Can you describe the editing part?

Never worked with DéjàVu, but a new client wants me to do a project with DVX. I tried to export my Trados memory in a .txt file but only 2,500 TUs were imported. With the .tmx file the import was complete.
Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing Trados TMs into DejaVu - is it possible?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »