Thread poster: Anne Spitzmueller
Anne Spitzmueller
Anne Spitzmueller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:30
English to German
Oct 20, 2010

Dear colleagues,

Perhaps some of you have experienced the same problem in the past and have some useful advice how to solve the following problem:

I was working on a translation in Deja Vu X Professional Version 7.5.316 when I accidentally rearranged the Auto Search window. When I tried to put it back into its original place, I think I closed the File Navigator.

Now, the File Navigator is gone. I tried to display it by clicking on View > File Navigator but
... See more
Dear colleagues,

Perhaps some of you have experienced the same problem in the past and have some useful advice how to solve the following problem:

I was working on a translation in Deja Vu X Professional Version 7.5.316 when I accidentally rearranged the Auto Search window. When I tried to put it back into its original place, I think I closed the File Navigator.

Now, the File Navigator is gone. I tried to display it by clicking on View > File Navigator but to no avail. I opened other projects but the File Navigator is gone there as well. I also created a new project to see what happens but the File Navigator is missing here as well. This means, even though I can import files via the Project Explorer, I cannot work on the new project because I cannot display it.

I have searched the DVX Pro manual for helpful information but could not find any. I do not know what else to try apart from installing DV again ...

Many thanks in advance!

Best,
Anne
Collapse

David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
There's a useful little script... Oct 20, 2010

...which updates your registry as appropriate to restore all your menus. I'm on my laptop and don't have it to hand but I'm sure somebody can oblige and send it you via a private message.

Anne Spitzmueller
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Repairing the installation did not work either Oct 20, 2010

Thanks, Eutychus! I hope someone will send me this script!

I just tried repairing the installation as described in the GettingStartedPro manual but unfortunately it didn't bring back the File Navigator.

BTW, my system is MS Windows Professional, SP3.

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:30
English to German
+ ...
View / File Navigator Oct 20, 2010

You can toggle the File Navigator in the menu: View / File Navigator,
and if your Auto Search window will disappear one day, you cannot toggle it there, but in the status bar.

Anne Spitzmueller
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
View > File Navigator does not work Oct 20, 2010

Thanks Harry,

However, as I wrote in my first post, clicking on View > File Navigator does not work ...

A.

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:30
English to German
+ ...
Oops Oct 20, 2010

Sorry, I overlooked this. I have no idea how to get it back, but the support at Atril should be able to send you at least the general layout repair script. If they won't answer quickly enough, I would de-install and re-install DVX.

[Edited at 2010-10-20 11:00 GMT]

Olaf Reibedanz
Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 07:30
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Try out this link: Oct 20, 2010

Hi Anne,

I once had a similar problem and used the following method to solve it:

PROBLEM: The Déjà Vu X windows have changed their possition and some of them have dissapeared. How can I restore the original position of Déjà Vu X's windows?

Applies to: DVX Standard, DVX Professional, DVX Workgroup

SOLUTION: You should close Déjà Vu X, download and execute the following file:... See more
Hi Anne,

I once had a similar problem and used the following method to solve it:

PROBLEM: The Déjà Vu X windows have changed their possition and some of them have dissapeared. How can I restore the original position of Déjà Vu X's windows?

Applies to: DVX Standard, DVX Professional, DVX Workgroup

SOLUTION: You should close Déjà Vu X, download and execute the following file:
http://www.atril.com/dvx/MenuLayoutDelete.reg

This file will restore the default layout of Déjà Vu X.

Kind regards,

Olaf

[Edited at 2010-10-20 11:13 GMT]
Collapse

Anne Spitzmueller
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved by uninstalling and installing DV X again Oct 20, 2010

Hi Olaf,

Thanks a lot!

I just solved the problem by uninstalling and installing DV X again but I think the solution you suggested is much more convenient. I will download and store the file you mentioned in case I run into this problem again.

A.

David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Olaf's solution Oct 20, 2010

...was the one I was thinking of. A little quicker than a reinstall, I keep the file in a handy folder locally for when I need it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File Navigator is gone

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »