Importing a bilingual excel file into a TM.ý
Thread poster: HosseinA (X)
HosseinA (X)
HosseinA (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:24
Persian (Farsi) to English
+ ...
Oct 11, 2004

I have an excel file which I translated some times ago without help of Trados. Now I would like ýto reuse that memory. I wonder how can put the memory into TM. Is it possible? I mean one ýclone in the fie is the source text and another clone is the translation. Is there anyway to put the ýtranslation into a TM and reuse it? ý
Another question is that I would like to export part of the memory (which shows 100% match ýwith analyze of a document), I know that people are doing it but I do
... See more
I have an excel file which I translated some times ago without help of Trados. Now I would like ýto reuse that memory. I wonder how can put the memory into TM. Is it possible? I mean one ýclone in the fie is the source text and another clone is the translation. Is there anyway to put the ýtranslation into a TM and reuse it? ý
Another question is that I would like to export part of the memory (which shows 100% match ýwith analyze of a document), I know that people are doing it but I don’t know how. Do I need ýextra software for doing that?ý

Many Thanks
ý Hosseiný
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
WinAlign / Analyse function Oct 11, 2004

Hi Hossein,

I have an excel file which I translated some times ago without help of Trados. Now I would like ýto reuse that memory. I wonder how can put the memory into TM. Is it possible? I mean one ýclone in the fie is the source text and another clone is the translation. Is there anyway to put the ýtranslation into a TM and reuse it?

The most obvious solution is WinAlign - given the precise delimitation of spreadsheet cells, alignment should be pretty smooth.
Alternatively, you can use the workflow described in KB article 491 from the Trados Knowledge Base.

Another question is that I would like to export part of the memory (which shows 100% match ýwith analyze of a document), I know that people are doing it but I don’t know how. Do I need ýextra software for doing that?

Not at all. Simply analyse the file using Workbench, and then use Create Project TM. This is not restricted to 100% matches, however - but that would be too narrow anyway.

HTH, Ralf

HosseinA (X)
HosseinA (X)  Identity Verified
Persian (Farsi) to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Analyse function Oct 11, 2004

Hi Ralf

First I would like to Thank you for responding.
I will tray with WinAlign and I have already printed the article.

Secound problem is that after analyse the file using Workbench, the option "Create Project TM" is not active.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing a bilingual excel file into a TM.ý

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »