Best terminology tool?
Thread poster: tondeaf (X)
ghislandi
ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:24
English to Italian
Depends Aug 24, 2010

Hello,
I a from SDL so my answer would be biased!

However it really depends on how you are going to use terminology.
If you use it in conjunction with a CAT tool and you use it in pretty much all your translation projects it could be one scenario. Having a terminology tool that links with the translation tool can be benficial.

If you use it as a standalone tool and not in conjunction with a CAT tool, perhaps you are really focused on validating and managing
... See more
Hello,
I a from SDL so my answer would be biased!

However it really depends on how you are going to use terminology.
If you use it in conjunction with a CAT tool and you use it in pretty much all your translation projects it could be one scenario. Having a terminology tool that links with the translation tool can be benficial.

If you use it as a standalone tool and not in conjunction with a CAT tool, perhaps you are really focused on validating and managing the terminology the options could be different.

No matter what you choose, Excel is probably not the best option, unless you are creating only bilingual dictionaries. If you are creating glossaries in multiple languages or with more than a word, or need to store data such as status etc. it is really beneficial to lookat a terminlogy tool

Just my thoughts.
Massi
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best terminology tool?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »