ATA-Certified Translator (CT) and Certified Medical Interpreter (CMI-Spanish) with an MA in Medical and Healthcare Translation, a BA in Technical, Scientific and Literary Translation, and a specialization in Spanish proofreading.
More than eight years’ experience translating, editing and proofreading texts. Native Spanish speaker from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Based in the US.
LANGUAGE COMBINATIONS: English<>Spanish; Portuguese>English/Spanish
CERTIFICATIONS: ATA Eng>Spa Certification (533146) & CMI-Spanish (102171)
1. Certified Medical Freelance Interpreter in the area of Western North Carolina and part-time onsite Translator and Interpreter at Mission Health Systems.
Hands-on experience in the medical field: I work closely with all kinds of patients and healthcare professionals to provide high-quality communication and excellent care in the medical setting. I work with different departments in the system, including Cardiology, Gastroenterology, BHU, Emergency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maternity, ICU, NICU, Nephrology, Nutrition and Dietetics, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy, Oncology, Pre-Op and PACU, Patient Accounts and Patient Services, Social Work, Diagnostic Imaging and Radiology, among others.
2. Freelance Certified Translator, Editor, and Proofreader since 2011: Extensive experience as a translator, editor and proofreader in different fields, such as marketing, education, environment and ecology, healthcare, human rights, tourism, information technology, and subtitling.
Specialized in Medical Translation. My specialty is translating content for hospitals and clinics, pharmaceutical laboratories, manufacturers of medical appliances, health and care managers and professionals, non-profit organizations, research centers, and even universities and schools. I have a lot of experience providing accurate, fast and reliable translation services in the medical field, including:
a) Research and professional documents for hospitals, research centers, laboratories and universities:
• Clinical guidelines • Standard operating procedures • Summary of product characteristics
• Informed consents • Lab tests • Medical questionnaires
• Manuals for medical devices • Software interfaces • Research papers
• Review articles • Clinical trial protocols • Case reports
b) Educational documents used in a range of contexts, from university courses to institutional campaigns and domestic life:
• Fact sheets for patients • Patient information leaflets • Course books
• Training courses • Presentations • Popularizing articles
• Summaries for patients • Medical encyclopedias • Discharge instructions
c) Commercial documents to advertise and sell products and services:
• Drug advertisements • Contracts • Product information leaflets
• Catalogues • New drug applications • Packaging inserts
• Websites • Press releases
Other areas of specialization:
Travel & tourism: content for websites: travel guides, hotel reviews, catalogues, brochures, posters, travel forums, hotel comprehensive conceptual documents (brand identity), special offers, rentals, hotels and activities, restaurant menus, destination guides, loyalty programs, meetings and events, and more. More than 75,000 words for website content for Airbnb (Portuguese)
Civil Society: Transparency agendas, assessment and complaints reports, ethic codes, risk maps, protocols, agreements, contract management risk assessments, Guide on Local Governance in Fragile and Conflict Settings (PNUD), health systems research (IDRC), decrees, policy council meetings and director’s reports; analysis of statistics and more.
Information Technology: Software & hardware user and installations manuals, release notes, case studies, product specification sheets, fact sheets, brochures and user guides, exam guides and frequently asked questions, etc.
Other: fact-checking material, beauty services (tooth whitening, facial rejuvenation, laser treatments, body fat reduction, massages, etc.), HR manuals (pregnancy leave and accommodation, disability accommodation, timekeeping, employee benefits guides, locally engaged staff manuals), banking and finance (divisional retail and small business collection and recovery handbook; e-learning material on managing client risk, credit and collections; flashcards on creditor insurance; marketing material on home equity loan offers, lines of credit, bank campaigns, accounts, business services), academic papers (education system, fats and oils, journalism, participatory design).
3. Remote Translation Project Manager (2015 to 2016)
Translator and Editor at Grosman Traducciones http://grosmantraducciones.com/
Responsible for coordinating the receipt, assignment and delivery of translation projects, analyzing documents, quoting, creating and coordinating translation teams, managing translation memories and terminological bases, maintaining smooth communication with clients and translators, negotiating delivery dates and times, and responding to queries, updates and complaints.
4. In-house Translator, Subtitler and Editor (2015 to 2016) at MasterDubbing
• Master's Degree in Healthcare and Medical Translation - 2019
Universitat Jaume I, Spain
• Forty-hour online training for Medical Interpreters (NBCMI) - 2016
• Bachelor’s Degree in Technical, Scientific and Literary Translation - 2010 - 2015
I. E. S. en Lenguas Vivas “Juan Ramón Fernández”, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
• Consecutive and Simultaneous Interpretation Course - 2015
Centro de Capacitación de Traductores e Intérpretes, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
• Graduate Course in Spanish Proofreading - 2014
Fundación LITTERAE and CTPCBA, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
• Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, OCR Software (AABYY, Adobe Reader, Acrobat), • CAT Tools, Wordfast, SDL Trados 2017, SDL Multiterm, Xbench, SDL TMS, MemoQ 2018, • Subtitle Workshop, VisualSubSync, Subtitle Edit, Aegisub, Softni